KANYE FOR PRESIDENT 2020

Weirdly enough he actually checks a lot of boxes most people couldn’t. Beyond a doubt committed to black communities and minority issues, and poverty in general. “Christian” enough that if Trump got a pass, he could too. An undeniable independent to break the two party insider system. Elon for cabinet, Kim for public outreach, and potentially could be endorsed by Obama and Trump at the same time. Probably not Bush though.

Plus he could fund universal healthcare with the ticket sales to the inauguration concert. I’m down

43 minutes ago, OU818 said:

Weirdly enough he actually checks a lot of boxes most people couldn’t. Beyond a doubt committed to black communities and minority issues, and poverty in general. “Christian” enough that if Trump got a pass, he could too. An undeniable independent to break the two party insider system. Elon for cabinet, Kim for public outreach, and potentially could be endorsed by Obama and Trump at the same time. Probably not Bush though.

Plus he could fund universal healthcare with the ticket sales to the inauguration concert. I’m down

I think you left out "crazy as a shit house rat."

From a news report I saw:

He does not appear to have registered his name with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) for November's election. The closest name the FEC database shows is a candidate called "Kanye Deez Nutz West", who filed their papers with the Green Party in 2015 under the address "1977 Golddigger Avenue, Suite Yeezus" and appears to have raised no money.”

As a huge Kanye fan this really is the last straw for me and I'm upset with myself for being okay with his actions this long. I forgive the whole slavery comments because I could use his mental health as an excuse but being bipolar doesn't mean you can do or say whatever you want and get away with it. These extremist Christian ideas he's presenting are the most anti-american policies imaginable. To make a nation "God's Country" is an infringement of our first amendment right to freedom of religion. You are too far gone if you let an ancient text written almost 2000 years ago dictate your political policies. The separation of church and state is more important now than ever before as we keep letting radical Christians in office. The scary part is that the Bible belt exists and believes this is indeed the land of their falsely white God. Ive said it before, America is too big and has too many ideologies for one person to run it entirely. That what was supposed to be the beauty of America, a nation of diverse people, the problem with that is when those people choose to press their beliefs on others, vs. being reserved and open minded and allowing their neighbors to explore their own beliefs. To live in a society of a Christian nation would most definitely be the death of America. Ironically one could argue we already do, fuck you Reagan and your "One Nation, Under God" bullshit.  I piss on your grave.

Seriously though, Kanye is probably not gonna be on a single ballot, but boy did his bullshit Christian agenda pissed me off.

Stupid gimmick is ... stupid.

To the actual discussion on the man: I'm not licensed to diagnose behavioral health conditions, but by all accounts, he's seems legitimately bipolar. I work in social services and spent time around all types of people with varying degrees of issues and he fits the description perfectly.  From Wiki:

Bipolar disorder, previously known as manic depression, is a mental disorder characterized by periods of depression and abnormally elevated moods.[4][5][7] If the elevated mood is severe or associated with psychosis, it is called mania; if it is less severe, it is called hypomania.[4] During mania, an individual behaves or feels abnormally energetic, happy, or irritable.[4] Individuals often make impulsive decisions with little regard for the consequences.[5] There is usually a reduced need for sleep during manic phases.[5] During periods of depression, individuals may experience crying, a negative outlook on life, and poor eye contact with others.[4] The risk of suicide is high; over a period of 20 years 6% of people died by suicide, while 30–40% engaged in self-harm.[4] Other mental health issues, such as anxiety disorders and substance use disorders, are commonly associated with bipolar disorder.[4]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...