PO: Dashboard Confessional - The Places You Come To Fear The Most

4 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Sorry. On re-read I guess I sounded like a spoiled impatient child? Honestly was just stating where I was in getting mine. It is weird tho all the USPS processes and how stuff like that even happens. Usually it's simply due to someone not scanning something like they're supposed to more than lack of personnel on-hand. 

I'm not trying to put you down or anything like that at all. I get and understand the excitement of wanting something that's new but you have to put other bigger, important things happening outside of record collecting as a priority. Plus, this is coming from Illinois, which is struggling HARD right now.

Edited by cesar11

9 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Sorry. On re-read I guess I sounded like a spoiled impatient child? Honestly was just stating where I was in getting mine. It is weird tho all the USPS processes and how stuff like that even happens. Usually it's simply due to someone not scanning something like they're supposed to more than lack of personnel on-hand. 

Any record I’ve ordered post-covid sits at my local distribution center for at least a week. Definitely have been times I’ve been annoyed when it reaches the 2 week or more mark, but such is our current world. 

1 hour ago, ethanpricington said:

Ordered the Galaxy and got shipping notification email on July 24th. Tracking updated on 7/27 that package was received and "pending acceptance". Not a single damn scan or update since. Soooooo YAY ME!!! It's like shipping Russian roulette - we'll see when and if it ever shows up 

Mine is exactly the same situation. 

8 minutes ago, cesar11 said:

I'm not trying to put you down or anything like that at all. I get and understand the excitement of wanting something that's new but you have to put other bigger, important things happening outside of record collecting as a priority. Plus, this is coming from Illinois, which is struggling HARD right now.

Haha wow i totally did not mean to use a question mark in my comment to you. Was really just agreeing with what you said about being patient right now with everything going on #mobile

4 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

Any record I’ve ordered post-covid sits at my local distribution center for at least a week. Definitely have been times I’ve been annoyed when it reaches the 2 week or more mark, but such is our current world. 

Yea same. Pretty much everything I've had coming to me, except Amazon stuff is delayed. I work in Supply Chain, so it's always made me wonder how their system processes are set and are meant to work, and how everything going on with COVID has affected it. 

5 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Haha wow i totally did not mean to use a question mark in my comment to you. Was really just agreeing with what you said about being patient right now with everything going on #mobile

Yea same. Pretty much everything I've had coming to me, except Amazon stuff is delayed. I work in Supply Chain, so it's always made me wonder how their system processes are set and are meant to work, and how everything going on with COVID has affected it. 

A worker at one post office mentioned to me for a record I sold, that media stuff is really being delayed right now. It sounded like they are focusing on everything else and media is getting pushed to the back, which makes sense to me since they are a discounted shipping rate. 

1 minute ago, aopps42 said:

A worker at one post office mentioned to me for a record I sold, that media stuff is really being delayed right now. It sounded like they are focusing on everything else and media is getting pushed to the back, which makes sense to me since they are a discounted shipping rate. 

Ah I see. Yea totally makes sense

1 hour ago, aopps42 said:

That's cool.  I dont really care if its delayed.  It sounds like there may have been an entire batch of these that were dropped off, scanned in and then put aside until later. 

Re: all USPS mail woes. 

Isn't your government appointed USPS leadership currently, actively, and purposely making terrible service speed/delays a thing? Heaped on top of covid-19 protocols I can't imagine anyone being caught off guard at mail delays right now. 

Also, this splatter is wonderful! Waiting on my new turntable to arrive before playing it though. 

2 hours ago, museummouth said:

Anyone else’s still stuck as “shipment accepted”?

Yep. 

Although I get the delay with everything going on. Seems like more than that. I’ve gotten plenty of records in the past 5 months and although overall they take longer, none ever jus sat at any point without movement for 15 business days. 

And if “media is being delayed”, why are some of my records moving as normal from labels/distributors and this one not? That’s all I’m saying - the lack of consistency, although not necessarily surprising, is what has me AT LEAST wondering what’s happened with this specific batch. 

ok?!?! 😛

Edited by ethanpricington

3 hours ago, putol said:

my splatter copy arrived today..

interesting that it is already here while you others in the US are still waiting for yours to arrive

I think the play here is to deliberately disrupt and delay domestic mail in order to reduce/eliminate public confidence in the USPS' ability to handle mail-in ballots for the upcoming Federal election. Failed state doing failed state things.

I'm in Canada and received mine almost two weeks ago, but it was delivered by DHL(in the us)/T-Force (in canada).

Also, I feel like this is one of the few "old" albums that I have bought recently that came with a DL code. Kind of happy about it as I feel like the files I have had of this album are the same files I downloaded in like 2003 and just moved from device to device... 

Edited by bridley
added more album relevant info.

38 minutes ago, bridley said:

I think the play here is to deliberately disrupt and delay domestic mail in order to reduce/eliminate public confidence in the USPS' ability to handle mail-in ballots for the upcoming Federal election. Failed state doing failed state things.

I'm in Canada and received mine almost two weeks ago, but it was delivered by DHL(in the us)/T-Force (in canada).

Also, I feel like this is one of the few "old" albums that I have bought recently that came with a DL code. Kind of happy about it as I feel like the files I have had of this album are the same files I downloaded in like 2003 and just moved from device to device... 

yeah mine came with DHL as well..

57 minutes ago, bridley said:

You nailed it. As much reporting as I've read on it, you'd think more people would be aware. But they don't pay attention.

28 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

You nailed it. As much reporting as I've read on it, you'd think more people would be aware. But they don't pay attention.

Oh that’s definitely what’s happening. I understand stuff taking longer because of covid, most records have been taking a few days longer but what’s to come could be much worse. 

This does seem like a lost pallet though as two weeks now with no movement is a little weird. 

I bought a few records from polyvinyl last week which shipped from Illinois and I received them today, which is strange because I'm pretty sure the last I checked my tracking on this record, it's stuck in Illinois since July 27th, so it's confusing how some packages are making it out and some are just stuck