PO: Dashboard Confessional - The Places You Come To Fear The Most

3 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I have a package from Batvia, IL that says that same thing (I don't recall ever seeing it before on tracking). It's probably a staffing issue with USPS.

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
BATAVIA,IL 60510

Have you ordered anything from Loma Vista or Favorite Gentlemen records lately? They could have a warehouse or something located there bc my friend got the new Margo Price album (on Loma Vista) mailed from there recently and I got Right Away, Great Captain's The Lost Sea (Favorite Gentlemen) from the same location. I think FG is an imprint of LV though so that may explain it.

Just now, wiscodeman said:

Have you ordered anything from Loma Vista or Favorite Gentlemen records lately? They could have a warehouse or something located there bc my friend got the new Margo Price album (on Loma Vista) mailed from there recently and I got Right Away, Great Captain's The Lost Sea (Favorite Gentlemen) from the same location. I think FG is an imprint of LV though so that may explain it.

Almost definitely along those lines. I'm honestly not even sure at this point. I have so many things ordered/ on the way/ pre-ordered. I know the new Marilyn Manson is on Loma Vista, but that'd be a month early.

On 8/10/2020 at 8:11 AM, Fowty Dollaz said:

You nailed it. As much reporting as I've read on it, you'd think more people would be aware. But they don't pay attention.

<politcalrant>
It's not a particularly stimulating conversation. When I first heard about it on Twitter it was still in the middle of the protests and it twinkled out real quick. But yeah... that's exactly what they're doing. They tried to stop states from allowing mass mail-in ballots, that failed. So then Trump appointed a new postmaster at the perfectly right time. If you do try to vote by mail I recommend you send it 2-3 weeks in advance, seeing how mail can just get locked up like this.
</politicalrant>

Mine arrived today. Shipping label initially created July 27, delivered August 11 if that helps anyone. I had that same "Package Acceptance pending" in Batavia, IL for a long time too. I'm in Chicago so it didn't have to travel too far. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

20200811-12274920200811-122658

9 hours ago, wiscodeman said:

This. Second City Prints is in Batavia, and they do fulfillment for a bunch of folks.

1 hour ago, tokimedo said:

Prettttttyyyy pretty pretty sure second city just processed labels online on all of these and then just didnt drop them off at the post office for a week or so...

This also crossed my mine, but the "shipment received" bit seems to indicate USPS has it but but has yet to scan in. 

USPS is literally holding first class, parcel,  and media mail from being sorted to slow down the mail to prove the USPS is inefficient. Friends who are postal workers told me they are being directed to not sort certain types of mail. So items are sitting for days or weeks all over the country. It's a crapshoot. Some stuff gets delivered in a normal time-frame, others not. It's a fucking mess. The GOP is doing everything they can to sabotage the election and they want to privatize the postal service like everything else they've fucked up over the last few decades. 

Just now, dreamover said:

USPS is literally holding first class, parcel,  and media mail from being sorted to slow down the mail to prove the USPS is inefficient. Friends who are postal workers told me they are being directed to not sort certain types of mail. So items are sitting for days or weeks all over the country. It's a crapshoot. Some stuff gets delivered in a normal time-frame, others not. It's a fucking mess. The GOP is doing everything they can to sabotage the election and they want to privatize the postal service like everything else they've fucked up over the last few decades. 

this. you all need to stop crying over where your records are and focus on the shit storm that's coming.

3 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

This also crossed my mine, but the "shipment received" bit seems to indicate USPS has it but but has yet to scan in. 

i sold something on depop recently, made the label, and told my roommate to give it to the postman the next day cause i was going camping for 6 days... he never gave it to the postman, and the label said "shipment received" and the package was still sitting in the foyer of our house when I got back. so i dont think shipment received means jack diddly. 

9 hours ago, ejc625 said:

I actually haven’t experienced any delays with packages yet. *knocks on wood 

Well, that's lucky for you. My new Lawrence Arms LP that shipped July 17th is out for delivery today. So I have lots of hope about it's physical condition. Also, I bought a record 1.5 days ago and it left NJ (of all the hellholes) and will be here today. Both media mail. 

7 hours ago, tokimedo said:

i sold something on depop recently, made the label, and told my roommate to give it to the postman the next day cause i was going camping for 6 days... he never gave it to the postman, and the label said "shipment received" and the package was still sitting in the foyer of our house when I got back. so i dont think shipment received means jack diddly. 

Gotcha, I'd never seen it on anything that hadn't moved before. 

On 8/11/2020 at 10:33 PM, dreamover said:

He just admitted withholding money regarding the election. 🙄

“They need that money in order to make the Post Office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,"

“But if they don’t get those two items that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting, because they’re not equipped to have it.”

We can't have ANY nice things! Shit even MEDIA MAIL is in jeopardy.

4 minutes ago, dreamover said:

as much as i dislike joe biden and kamala harris, fucking with the USPS is a pretty good reason to vote against Trump that we can all agree on. 

I've (probably) literally never agreed with you more. ❤️ In a Dashboard thread, no less!

Edited by Fowty Dollaz