PO: SUMAC - May You Be Held LP

2 hours ago, Derekā„¢ said:

Same variant, at least going off the mockup.

I strongly resonate with that Isis / Sumac kick, by the way. Ā Been feeling that on a personal level for the last 3 years or so and wondering when (or if) itā€™ll wear off. Ā Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve voiced this in another thread, but Sumac are especially fun because even after all this time I still find myself buckling up for each new record they put out. Ā Theyā€™re awesome on first listen, donā€™t get me wrong, but theyā€™re just so dense and cavernous... I feel like it takes me more time and effort to unpack their records than any other band these days. Ā Thatā€™s not a complaint by any means. Ā If anything it lends itself to crazy amounts of replay value. Ā Once things begin to click into place and those curveball grooves and breakdowns become second-nature, and you become acquainted with the explosive payoffs at the end of those abstract noise sections... wew lad. Ā Nothing quite like it. Ā Iā€™m never fully enamored with a new Sumac record despite fully ā€œgettingā€ the one before it, so at this point Iā€™ve just accepted weā€™re in great hands and have every reason to be hyped.

Damn dude thatā€™s a great take on them, I think I feel the same. I was listening to The Deal while walking through IKEA and it was a good experience while shopping for a patio table. I think the dense nature of the music makes repeated listens so much more rewarding.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Derekā„¢ said:

Think Iā€™m gonnaā€™ hold out since Sumac albums work almost exclusivelyĀ as a full machine, with a sum much greater than its parts... but I do appreciate the link. Ā Maybe Iā€™ll cave between now and September.

As someone who listened... definitely wait to listen in full.

• 1 month later...