PO: June of 44 - Revisionist: Adaptations & Future Histories In The Time Of Love And Survival LP

Hell yeah! 

Wondering if this is going to be around for a while... No numbers on the BC page... 

Cant wait for the RSD reissues too. Would see both, used, when I was younger and never picked them up. Same with those fucking Karate records! 🤦‍♀️

Edited by MyEnemy

On 7/12/2020 at 10:12 AM, NapalmBrain said:

Gotta keep the collection complete so will pick this up hopefully retail on release, also someone trade/sell me the tropics & meridian wooden box and the library edition of engine

took me a lifetime to find both of these.   

want to know something really heartbreaking?  Jeff M once posted these rodan / june of 44 test presses w. letterpress covers and names on them.

I want one SO bad. 

12 hours ago, jhulud said:

What are these wooden box & library editions? Post pics of possible. Would love to see them.  

https://www.discogs.com/June-Of-44-Tropics-And-Meridians/release/7696269

https://www.discogs.com/June-Of-44-Engine-Takes-To-The-Water/release/1741773

But I would love to see better pics if thepunkguy feels like sharing

2 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

see below:

wooden box -  

library edition :

Thanks for sharing! I now covet them even more, been on the hunt for years.I have standard black copies of their whole catalog (tropics is missing the stamp set but this disc is close to NM, and 4GP is missing the poster). My Anahata was purchased new in 2010 there was still dead stock left at that point. Another interesting note is In The Fishtank was recorded direct to disc, it sounds pretty great as a result. 

On 7/15/2020 at 9:08 AM, NapalmBrain said:

Thanks for sharing! I now covet them even more, been on the hunt for years.I have standard black copies of their whole catalog (tropics is missing the stamp set but this disc is close to NM, and 4GP is missing the poster). My Anahata was purchased new in 2010 there was still dead stock left at that point. Another interesting note is In The Fishtank was recorded direct to disc, it sounds pretty great as a result. 

of course.

I actually never owned In the Fishtank ...

don't know why..

it's a bunch of covers, yes?  or am I think of the Karate one..?

On 7/16/2020 at 12:48 PM, thepunkguy said:

of course.

I actually never owned In the Fishtank ...

don't know why..

it's a bunch of covers, yes?  or am I think of the Karate one..?

They are mostly instrumental jams, I think only one vocal track. It nicely bridges the gap from 4GP to Anahata, I scooped one on discogs a year ago for $8 in great shape

If y'all into art/show prints...Landland just released one that was available at the band's 2020 Midwest shows. I received my copy just the other but have not taken pics yet...let's just though that it's a lot more stunning in person. 

And it's ridiculously inexpensive. 

http://landland.bigcartel.com/product/june-of-44-2020-midwest-dates-l-e-official-poster-18-x-24

• 2 weeks later...

We’re very excited to share another track off of our new album! This remix, A PAST TO FACE, was made by John McEntire.
In 1996, Bob Weston recorded an early, previously unreleased version of our song CUT YOUR FACE. We recently had the 24 track / 2” tape from that session transferred to digital media and sent the files to John, who went on to make this most excellent song while mixing our record this past winter.
Here's a link!

https://juneof44.bandcamp.com/track/a-past-to-face-john-mcentire-remix

Many thanks, be well, be safe, much love!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 9:36 PM, jhulud said:

What are these wooden box & library editions? Post pics of possible. Would love to see them.  

On 7/15/2020 at 9:08 AM, NapalmBrain said:

just so you know..

someone posted a wooden box on discogs for WAY too much.  

however I rarely ever see them pop up!!