PO: Stones Throw Boxset from Turntable Lab (Limited to 500 copies)

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/stones-throw-turntable-lab-selects-the-hits-of-the-21st-century-vinyl-lp-boxset-turntable-lab-exclusive

MAYBE THIS IS SOMETHING YOU'RE NOT ACCUSTOMED TO HEARING. What a road we have travelled from beat-up doubles of "The Unassisted" to the foreverness of an album like Madvillainy. Have you ever driven around at night, windows down, listening to Donuts? There's no other cars around and you could either drift into dark thoughts or accelerate into the land of chopped-up brain pops. Listening to Champion Sound you can't help but imagine the creation scene. Imperfect drum pad hits. A microphone working so hard to capture that energy, poor fella. Stinky faces from the crew when words lock with loop. A product of another decade, the inclusion of Yes Lawd was Jank's suggestion, and after a quick deliberation, we realized that it was the perfect connector to the present.

Turntable Lab Selects The Hits Of The 21st Centurycontains Turntable Lab exclusive editions of these four albums on exclusive colored vinyl with exclusive alternate sleeve colorways, housed in a heavy duty outer slipcase. One-time edition of 500 boxsets (please note there are no plans to make any of these variants available as individual LPs).

• Turntable Lab exclusive
  • limit (1) per customer
  • 8xLP colored vinyl boxset
  • all 4 albums pressed on exclusive colored vinyl w/ exclusive cover variants
  • housed in heavy duty outer slipcase
  • limited edition of 500
  • release date: 07/24/2020
  • music label: Stones Throw Records 2020

1 hour ago, DecayToDeath said:

This is really cool and also too expensive to justify in any capacity

It's $30 per 2LP album, with exclusive covers and colors (plus free shipping + no tax, at least to California).  So I think it's fairly reasonably priced.  It just breaks down to if you want all 4 albums I guess, but I get your point.

1 hour ago, DecayToDeath said:

This is really cool and also too expensive to justify in any capacity

Yeah, $30 each for all of these records is definitely reasonable and completely justifiable. 

I fucked up by being hung over and missing out on this. Been waiting a bit for cool and decently priced color copies of Donuts and Madvillainy.

19 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

It's $30 per 2LP album, with exclusive covers and colors (plus free shipping + no tax, at least to California).  So I think it's fairly reasonably priced.  It just breaks down to if you want all 4 albums I guess, but I get your point.

4 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Yeah, $30 each for all of these records is definitely reasonable and completely justifiable. 

I fucked up by being hung over and missing out on this. Been waiting a bit for cool and decently priced color copies of Donuts and Madvillainy.

I meant on my own budget, should've specified

2 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I meant on my own budget, should've specified

Totally understand. I’ve been getting free money for months and a lot more than rent, so I’ve been binging. Working in live music, I may not have a job for another year, so I should’ve been saving, but fuck it!

Edited by MyEnemy

Just now, MyEnemy said:

Totally understand. I’ve been getting free money for months and a lot more than rent, so I’ve been binging. 

I kinda went a little overboard these last few months since I cut my lease short and saved a few months of rent by moving back in with my dad for the duration of the pandemic, but I think the well is running dry + he still claims me as a dependent for college financial aid reasons so I didn't get a stimulus check

7 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

he still claims me as a dependent for college financial aid reasons so I didn't get a stimulus check

Hey, if he still claims you and your getting free medical/dental insurance, I’d take that over a one time $1200 check any fuckin day any year! Haha

Edited by MyEnemy

• 3 weeks later...

Received this today.  Box was banged up, as well as all of the jackets.  And got two side C/Ds for Madvillain and no side A/B. 

And they got back to me and apologized, but they have no replacement records or jackets so I'm just returning it.   So if you ordered it, double check your records when you get it.

Edited by djghost1976