Bad Timing Test Press Vault Sale (7/15 at 2pm EST)

This is gonna be a GD bloodbath, but good on them for putting them up for a set (and relatively reasonable) price instead of the 'Bay.  Hope those trying don't have . . . bad timing.

https://badtimingrecords.limitedrun.com/products/673629?preview=true

Bad Timing Records is seven years old this July, and we're looking back on everything we've released so far. Earlier this year we re-stocked found copies of dozens of old releases in our Vault Release, and now we're moving onto our Test Press Vault.

We receive a different number of test presses for every release -- usually 4-15, but sometimes more if we need approvals from extra folks. These then usually sit on a shelf for the rest of their lives, but we recognize their rarity and the desire that people feel to own a super-limited version of a record they love. Rather than stocking them on eBay, which would put the prices at levels that most folks don't want or are not able to pay, we set what we think are reasonable prices ourselves and are releasing them right here in our webstore.

We will be donating a portion of the income from this release to bail funds in Philadelphia and Atlanta (where Zack and Thomas live) to support protestors working to end police injustice. Black Lives Matter.

So ... now a bit about how this will work.

This is a once-only deal. These are all the test presses we have that we can part with. If something sells out on this page, it's gone for good. Please don't email us asking if you can get something that is sold out here -- it's gone. There's a chance that the webstore will accidentally oversell some of these, since we expect demand to be high. If this happens, we will send a refund to whichever order was placed last according to our order page. Each title on this page can only be added to your cart once, you are not able to purchase multiple copies of a single title.

The tests will be sent in custom record jackets that we made just for the release of the Test Press Vault, with handwritten artist name, album name and limited quantity. Check out the photos on this page. Test press purchases do not come with a digital download of the corresponding album.

In the pressing information portion of the page below, we've outlined every record that we're going to have for sale. When the drop-down menu opens at 2pm EST on Wednesday July 15, the records in the drop-down will be listed in the order that you see below. The listings below include the artist name, release name, the number of tests that were made overall (this is going to be greater than the number of tests we have for sale on this page), the price we will be selling them at, and any other relevant notes that we felt were worth including.

Some of these test presses are going on seven years old, so they may not be in perfect playing condition. Tests generally are not meant to be listened to a bunch ... so please be advised that we are not offering refunds on anything purchased from this page due to the condition the record is received in. We've already removed any tests that were noticeably in bad condition.

As some of you probably learned in our Vault Release earlier this year, you are not guaranteed a record that is sitting in your cart until you check out and complete payment. We recommend proceeding directly from adding to cart to checking out via PayPal or Stripe if you're going after something you really want. If you go through the purchase flow multiple times, shoot us an email afterward to see if we can combine shipping costs.

Pressing Information

AcceptancePhantoms — 32 originally made — $50

All Get OutThe Season — 11 originally made — $40

All Get OutMovement — 15 originally made — $35 — one-sided 12”, no screened B-side

All Get OutNobody Likes A Quitter — 21 originally made — $40

CassinoSounds of Salvation — 10 originally made — $40

Future CrooksFuture Crooks In Paradise — 15 originally made — $25 — tests say “TBD — TBD” because the band and album didn’t have a name yet

Head NorthBloodlines — 20 originally made — $25 — tests say the title is “The Program” because the name wasn’t changed to “Bloodlines” yet

HomesafeEvermore — 10 originally made — $30

Homesafe2xEP — 4 originally made — $30

Kevin DevineBrother's Blood — 5 originally made — $50 — 2xLP — only 1 available for purchase

Kevin DevineMatter of Time — 10 originally made — $50 — 2xLP

Kevin DevinePut Your Ghost to Rest — 5 originally made — $50 — 2xLP — only 1 available for purchase

Kevin DevineBetween the Concrete & Clouds— 4 originally made — $40

Kevin DevineNevermind — 4 originally made — $40

Kevin DevineKenny O'Brien & The O'Douls — 4 originally made — $30

Kevin DevineShe Can See Me — 16 originally made — $20

Kevin Devine, Matthew CawsDevinyl Splits No. 1 — 15 originally made — $20

Kevin Devine, Meredith GravesDevinyl Splits No. 2 — 15 originally made — $20

Kevin Devine, Tigers JawDevinyl Splits No. 3 — 16 originally made — $20

Kevin Devine, Cymbals Eat GuitarDevinyl Splits No. 4 — 16 originally made — $20

Kevin Devine, OwenDevinyl Splits No. 5 — 16 originally made — $20

Kevin Devine, Jesse LaceyDevinyl Splits No. 6 — 16 originally made — $20 — only 1 available for purchase

Kevin Devine, Craig FinnDevinyl Splits No.7 — 10 originally made — $20

Kevin Devine, PetalDevinyl Splits No. 8 — 10 originally made — $20

Kevin Devine, David BazanDevinyl Splits No. 9 — 10 originally made — $20

Kevin Devine, John K. SamsonDevinyl Splits No. 10 — 10 originally made — $20

Kevin Devine, CavetownDevinyl Splits No. 11 — 10 originally made — $20

Kevin Devine, The Front BottomsDevinyl Splits No. 12 — 10 originally made — $20

Knuckle PuckThe Weight That You Buried — 5 originally made — $40 — only 1 available for purchase

Knuckle PuckWhile I Stay Secluded — 21 originally made — $40

Knuckle PuckDon't Come Home — 15 originally made — $25 — 2x7”

Knuckle PuckOak Street — 5 originally made — $30 — Flexi 7” — only 1 available for purchase

Knuckle Puck/Neck DeepSplit — 5 originally made — $35

Knuckle Puck/Neck DeepSplit — 5 originally made — $40 — Rejected version of the test presses. We rejected them because the songs were in the wrong order or something like that.

LimbeckHi, Everything's Great / Hey, Everything's Fine — 5 originally made — $50 — 2xLP — This was supposed to be BTR-009, but another label wound up pressing it — only 2 available for purchase

LydiaThis December — 27 originally made — $40 — 2xLP

MansionsNew Best Friends — 5 originally made — $30 — only 1 available for purchase

MansionsDig Up the Dead — 4 originally made — $40 — only 1 available for purchase

MansionsDig Up the Dead (Acoustic) — 15 originally made — $40

MansionsDeserter — 10 originally made — $35

MansionsBig Bad — 4 originally made — $40 — only 1 available for purchase

Miracle of '86Famous Last Words — 15 originally made — $35

Old GrayDemo 2011 — 15 originally made — $20 — one-sided, no screen

ParkJacob the Rabbit — 10 originally made — $20 — 10”

PentimentoStuck Forever — 25 originally made — $20

PentimentoI, No Longer — 25 originally made — $40

RationaleYou Are Flawed — 4 originally made — $25

RationaleConfines — 4 originally made — $30

Real FriendsThree Songs — 16 originally made — $30

ROMPSorry, Not Sorry — 16 originally made — $20 — We never wound up releasing this on vinyl

ROMPDeparture From Venus — 16 originally made — $20 — only 1 available for purchase

Somos, Sorority NoiseSplit — 16 originally made — $30

Speak The Truth...Even If Your Voice Shakes — 11 originally made — $20

SpookyghostboyTwenty Something — 4 originally made — $25

Sudden SuspensionThere's a Bigger Picture Here — 16 originally made — $20 — one-sided, no screen

The Early NovemberFifteen Years — 10 originally made — $40

ValenciaWe All Need a Reason to Believe — 5 originally made — $40

5 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Seems so much better to put it on eBay.

Raises more money for their charity.

Gives everyone a shot instead of the person who can bot them fastest.

This is a great example of in theory versus in practice.

I agree that in theory eBay would be more democratic since everyone who wants one would technically have a chance at it.

In practice, we know what crazy heights these tests reach on eBay and the only ones that really have a chance are those with enough disposable income.

At least the way they’re doing it here, someone may luck into one they want at a reasonable price out of sheer good fortune with their timing. It’s clear the label cares equally about a fan not having to shell out their entire weekly paycheck for one of these as they do about contributing to charity.

How I can refresh until these are available, add to my cart, go to checkout, and it's immediately sold out 5 seconds after being available blows my mind...

...for whoever got the TEN-15 years TP, you're either a bot or superhuman but congrats either way.

Maybe I'll finish my TEN collection someday. If anyone has this TP, would LOVE to buy it.

Hope everyone else was able to get what they wanted 

2 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Hemmed and hawed about DUTD Acoustic as a consolation prize too long and it was gone, but I'm sure it went to someone who will enjoy it more.

1 minute ago, linksisfromcanada said:

Got DUTD Acoustic which was #1 on my list. 

Ain't that poetic?

2 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Got my Phantoms!! Hope you all got something good! Woulda gone for Dig Up The Dead but at one single copy available I knew I wasn't getting it. Hemmed and hawed about DUTD Acoustic as a consolation prize too long and it was gone, but I'm sure it went to someone who will enjoy it more.

tried hard for Phantoms, got to the page within a few seconds of it going live and it was gone! glad to hear they didn't all go to someone running a script haha
did score a Lydia TP which is definitely going to be cheaper than trying to find a secondhand copy haha.