Fancy Metallica boxed set just announced

3 hours ago, Vega said:

Then don't get it

Thanks. I haven't heard anything from S&M2, so I was asking a serious question. I was looking for something more along the lines of:

Yes, you definitely need this because these performances blow the first one out of the water.

Or maybe this:

Yeah, the sound is going to be killer on this, much better than S&M.

But it sounds like I can just skip it. 

5 minutes ago, ntslash said:

Thanks. I haven't heard anything from S&M2, so I was asking a serious question. I was looking for something more along the lines of:

Yes, you definitely need this because these performances blow the first one out of the water.

Or maybe this:

Yeah, the sound is going to be killer on this, much better than S&M.

But it sounds like I can just skip it. 

You wrote yourself "It's mostly the same songs except for a few newer mediocre tunes." with a period at the end, not a question mark, so it didn't exactly sound like you wanted to be confinced of something else here hahaha

Listen to the singles that were released yesterday, if you like it, get it. If you don't, don't.

Will it be better than the first S&M? Most likely not, but that's not a surprise and it doesn't have to be.

Will there be songs on there that haven't been on the first one? Of course, especially the ones that were released since 1999 and (Anesthesia) - Pulling Teeth.