On 7/15/2020 at 6:50 PM, CVHX said:

pretty sure newbury will have exclusives too. they mentioned elliott smith in the past few emails

Roman Candle (one of my favorites) is up today for pre-order. 

https://www.newburycomics.com/products/elliott_smith-roman_candle_exclusive_lp?utm_source=VinylNewsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=7-21-20_GA&utm_content=button&variant=32657379459177

spacer.png

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

4 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Edit to say I also don't have Figure 8 or XO. I'm such a goddamn poseur.

From what I’ve read, the Bong Load pressings are the way to go for those two. Particularly Figure 8, I’ve read the Plain reissues sounds like ass and I think universal used the same plates for the recent represses. 

1 hour ago, Skacel said:

From what I’ve read, the Bong Load pressings are the way to go for those two. Particularly Figure 8, I’ve read the Plain reissues sounds like ass and I think universal used the same plates for the recent represses. 

The recent European pressing of Figure 8 is the way to go. The US version of the same repress used the garbage plates you mentioned though so def avoid it. I'm unsure if XO is the same way though.

https://www.discogs.com/Elliott-Smith-Figure-8/release/10422019

Edited by Sh100by

1 hour ago, Skacel said:

Ugh yes. Was not familiar with the issues and bought a used copy a few years ago, thankfully for only $10. Definitely sounds like someone ordered the audio to be "extra crispy".

Just now, lostcrimes said:

I can vouche for the bongload releases. I have both and they sound great with no noise.

1 hour ago, kjkenney said:

Ugh yes. Was not familiar with the issues and bought a used copy a few years ago, thankfully for only $10. Definitely sounds like someone ordered the audio to be "extra crispy".

2 hours ago, Skacel said:

Why couldn't you guys know this, know I didn't own the records, and urge me to pre-order them 4 years ago!?

Now they are all $50 PLUS shipping. 

Unreal. Downvotes all around.

14 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Why couldn't you guys know this, know I didn't own the records, and urge me to pre-order them 4 years ago!?

32a84beda52df72c67651bf5bba725360b.jpg?w=90&h=70&fit=crop&crop=center&fm=jpg
This is why you should put dish soap in your toilet
You should try this weird trick
tips-and-tricks.co

Now they are all $50 PLUS shipping. 

Unreal. Downvotes all around.

If it makes you feel any better they retailed at around $40. You can still get them on the bong load U.K. store.

5 hours ago, Skacel said:

If it makes you feel any better they retailed at around $40. You can still get them on the bong load U.K. store.

So, I went ahead and tried, but they won't ship to our country (presumably something to do with fascism...I dunno).

Edited by Fowty Dollaz