1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

For as pricey as Newbury variants often are, they’re almost always pressed nicely, and I’ve never found myself pulling an Avengers unboxing when I hold the variants in-hand.  Sucks to pay $40 or more for a single release but at least you know you won’t be disappointed.

Yeah, $32 shipped for a 9 song LP is a little over-the-top, BUT Newbury has (reportedly) treated their staff (appropriately) like human beings throughout this whole ordeal and I vowed to through some cash at them. So I did. Next time I'm in Bahstan, I'm gonna pahk my cah in Habah Yahd and do some in person shappan.

2 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Yeah, $32 shipped for a 9 song LP is a little over-the-top, BUT Newbury has (reportedly) treated their staff (appropriately) like human beings throughout this whole ordeal and I vowed to through some cash at them. So I did. Next time I'm in Bahstan, I'm gonna pahk my cah in Habah Yahd and do some in person shappan.

$32 PPD is actually on the lower end for a lot of Newbury releases, I’ve found.  Was that for a double LP or a single?  Either way, that’s cool to hear.  I don’t agree with their price points and the occasional inflation / price creep they sometimes pull, but all in all I have no real qualms with them and think they’re a fine outlet if you’ve got the funds and want to own a fancy version of an otherwise readily cheap record.

44 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

$32 PPD is actually on the lower end for a lot of Newbury releases, I’ve found.  Was that for a double LP or a single?  Either way, that’s cool to hear.  I don’t agree with their price points and the occasional inflation / price creep they sometimes pull, but all in all I have no real qualms with them and think they’re a fine outlet if you’ve got the funds and want to own a fancy version of an otherwise readily cheap record.

It was just the single LP, but it was worth it just for kiwi maddog 20/20. 

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I’ve never found myself pulling an Avengers unboxing when I hold the variants in-hand. 

That’s because they’re really

good at waiting until they have something in hand and taking actual product shots, before putting something on sale. Definitely have put up pre orders w/ mocks, but seems like that hasn’t been their thing in a bit.

On 7/27/2020 at 5:36 PM, Derek™ said:

For as pricey as Newbury variants often are, they’re almost always pressed nicely, and I’ve never found myself pulling an Avengers unboxing when I hold the variants in-hand.  Sucks to pay $40 or more for a single release but at least you know you won’t be disappointed.

As much shit as I talk about them I do have to give them that. Quality wise they are really great. My Blue/black New Moon from them is one of my favorite albums. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, CatsNJazz said:

Either/or was still available last week, I almost pulled the trigger but I have a complete collection already and I can't justify buying duplicates. I'm guessing they held some back to have some available in store on release day but that's just hopeful thinking 

They usually do.

• 4 weeks later...