PO NOW: The Fall of Troy - Mukiltearth (Digital 8-8-20) (Vinyl 10/23/20)

58 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

I want proper represses of the back catalogue from equal vision, it’s like they hate money. 

I’ll pick this up though, I like this band a lot. 

It's interesting to see how much they shot up in popularity in recent years seeing as they have only been semi active since their OK return. I remember selling my Doppelganger a couple years back for $60. Now any copy goes for around double that. 

I really enjoyed OK, this single has my interest. Not blown away but solid. Really wish that he would release that Push Over full length though. Far more interesting than anything else Erak has done recently. 

I was going to post this earlier after hearing the new song. Refrained since no real release info at all yet. 

I listened to the song a few times. I’m torn about it. Maybe I’m too hung up on the s/t, Doppelganger, Ghostship sounds...I appreciate their latter-day sound but I dunno...I’ll still buy this anyways once it comes out. 

16 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I was going to post this earlier after hearing the new song. Refrained since no real release info at all yet. 

I listened to the song a few times. I’m torn about it. Maybe I’m too hung up on the s/t, Doppelganger, Ghostship sounds...I appreciate their latter-day sound but I dunno...I’ll still buy this anyways once it comes out. 

Yeah me too, I remember listening to Manipulator almost daily when it came out and just blown away that this was the third album by a band that was so young and so talented. They were like 2-3 years older than me and the thought of 17 year old me writing something like panama or mastodon seemed impossible. Such a good live band too, I’m glad they’re healthy and off drugs (hope I’m not wrong about that)

• 2 weeks later...

I received the press release for it (still on the mailing list from my old music rag writing days) and it seems that it's only coming out via BSM at this time. 

The Fall of Troy surprise fans with details of new album out next week

Share new single
Chain Wallet, Nike Shoes 
Listen / share HERE

Album out 8th August via Big Scary Monsters

After a long hiatus, The Fall of Troy are back with a new full-length album, entitled Mukiltearth. Recorded between 2016 and 2019, the album contains the earliest songs written by the band (when they were called The 30 Years War) and the last songs written by the original lineup. Mukiltearth is about the experiences we have that are singular but shared: first love and last loss, sunrise and sunset, the beginning and the end. Mukiltearth highlights the joy and freedom of youth, and the reality and responsibility of adulthood. Out on 8th August, the record is available now to pre-order from bsmrocks.com.

Split between two halves, the first side of the album contains re-recordings of songs written by the band when they were in high school in their hometown of Mukilteo, Washington. In these songs, the hope and unlimited possibility of the teen years underlie every twisting guitar line and triumphant chorus. 

The second side of the album jumps ahead 15 years, through addiction, deaths of friends and family, break-ups both in the band and personally, and the eventual reformation of the group, to a set of four songs written in reverse from the band's usual method; drums were written and recorded first, followed by bass and then guitar and vocals. A wariness, frustration, and disbelief at the state of the self and the world pervade these songs, but the album ends on a note of redemption with the knowledge that all of the experience can lead to a better future.

Welcome to Mukiltearth on August 8th, 2020.