PO: METZ - Atlas Vending (10/9/2020)

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Nice catch.  I’ve enjoyed each album more than the last and think they’re on a great little streak at the moment.  Excited to keep tabs on this one.

Yup, a coincidence I’ve been listening to their catalogue recently just before they posted the teasers on insta. But that first song is the last track of the record though. Hopefully it won’t spoil the listening experience of the whole record when it’s out and I’m not burnt out of the single by then haha.

3 minutes ago, zaoza said:

Yup, a coincidence I’ve been listening to their catalogue recently just before they posted the teasers on insta. But that first song is the last track of the record though. Hopefully it won’t spoil the listening experience of the whole record when it’s out and I’m not burnt out of the single by then haha.

Ah, good call.  I had no idea.  I‘m not sure why closers have been released as singles more and more frequently, on newer releases, but it’s a trend I really do not get.  Especially if the closer goes hard to end the record on a huge note.  Feels so weird to hear a single and know that’s the punctuation mark on the record - show’s over, lights come back on, everyone heads home - months and months before the album itself is released.  It’s probably not a big deal to most but I imagine I’ll just PO in good faith and wait to hear the whole thing, in this case.

metz-atlasvending-losermock.jpg?15948374

Loser Edition is up as well.  That sweet wavy, metallic texture pearlescent configuration I’ve been seeing more and more of.  Leaning heavily towards this one because they always end up turning out so nice.

https://megamart.subpop.com/releases/metz/atlas_vending

Edited by Derek™

5 minutes ago, crossedoutname said:

HOLY SHIT RIGHT!!!! Yea band was super short lived, never got the chance to see them live

Yeah, great band. Definitely doing stuff that would be heralded, just a few years later.

Crazy, seeing as you're up in the PNW. Pretty sure I got to see them twice. Once with Naomi Punk. And I'm all the way in San Diego haha