PO NOW: Taylor Swift - Folklore 2xLP

4 minutes ago, zacooper said:

I am so down for the aesthetic of this album

While I'm admittedly not a huge fan of Swifts music (I think Red and 1989 were her only 'good' albums) I am in love with the covers/variants, and after listening tonight to see how its gonna sound, I might finally get a Swift album on vinyl....gasp.

I know they're mock-ups and "subject to change"...here's what I am feeling like labeling the colors for each edition (plus I'm bored right now):

#1 - "in the trees" - Light Brown

#2 - "in the weeds" - Dark Green

#3 - "meet me behind the mall" - Sand

#4 - "betty's garden" - Lavender

#5 - "stolen lullabies" - Light Green

#6 - "hide-and-seek" - Light Blue

#7 - "running like water" - Grey

#8 - "clandestine meeting" - Light Purple

I can see how the color choices match the edition names

24 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I know they're mock-ups and "subject to change"...here's what I am feeling like labeling the colors for each edition (plus I'm bored right now):

#1 - "in the trees" - Light Brown

#2 - "in the weeds" - Dark Green

#3 - "meet me behind the mall" - Sand

#4 - "betty's garden" - Lavender

#5 - "stolen lullabies" - Light Green

#6 - "hide-and-seek" - Light Blue

#7 - "running like water" - Grey

#8 - "clandestine meeting" - Light Purple

I can see how the color choices match the edition names

I can't believe I'm reading this thread and actually considering buying one of these albums. This is not a statement against you fans, I've just never gotten into her music. The fact that Aaron from The National is involved has me intrigued.

Also, 5 would be Sage and 6 would be Periwinkle. The names have to be "cuter".😛

I’m digging that light blue one. I haven’t really listened to her since 1989. It got a little too pop for my taste after that. Do we know what this gonna sound like (genre / subject matter) or are we just waiting til it drops? 

1 hour ago, JRHews said:

While I'm admittedly not a huge fan of Swifts music (I think Red and 1989 were her only 'good' albums) I am in love with the covers/variants, and after listening tonight to see how its gonna sound, I might finally get a Swift album on vinyl....gasp.

I’m right there with you. The aesthetics and color scheme are tempting me...

7 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

@jhulud If you don’t want the #5 variant, and want to get the whole set together with one shipping rate, I will take that number 5 variant for the cost plus shipping.

I normally hate her work, but this album seems like a step in a direction I might like. 👍🏻

All good. I ended up ordering #5 on its own and keeping the order of 7. I remembered that UMG are incredibly terrible in their customer service and who knows when my email to them will be acknowledged and get a response. 

10 minutes ago, jhulud said:

All good. I ended up ordering #5 on its own and keeping the order of 7. I remembered that UMG are incredibly terrible in their customer service and who knows when my email to them will be acknowledged and get a response. 

I figure you will be keeping it then. Smart move as I suspect they will at least DOUBLE in value by shipping time. 🤑

I might pick up a purple OR that green if they stick around until Saturday.

Otherwise, the Bull Moose version will be fine also. 😄

12 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Not sure if its helpful, but i just got a response from their customer service and they cancelled my first order for 7 -- 4 hour response time.  I ended up reordering for all 8.

27 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

if they stick around until Saturday.

I would think they are all basically open editions between now and the 30th. Especially with that 16 week turnaround.

From Aaron Dessner:

I was excited and honored when Taylor approached me in late April about maybe writing some songs remotely together. I had been isolating with my family but writing a ton of music in the first months of quarantine which I shared. I thought it would take a while for song ideas to come and I had no expectations as far as what we could accomplish remotely. But a few hours after sharing music, my phone lit up with a voice memo from Taylor of a fully written version of a song -- the momentum never really stopped. Over the next few months, we remotely finished 11 songs (She also recorded several others with the amazing @jackantonoff) of her magical new album “folklore”. I've rarely been so inspired by someone and it’s still hard to believe this even happened -- these songs came together in such a challenging time. It wouldn't haven't been possible without so much help from first and foremost my engineer Jon Low (@heyjonlow). And my brother @brycedessner's beautiful orchestration on several songs from across the ocean. Justin (@blobtower) helped to write and sing a beautiful song and so many other friends from our community contributed brilliantly from their respective isolation — Ben Lanz (@lanzprojects), Bryan Devendorf (@postmoderndrummer), Bryce Dessner, @claricejensen, Dave Nelson (@dnelnelson), James McAlister (@900x), @jasontreuting, Josh Kaufman (@kaufyismynamo), JT Bates (@floortomjtbates), Kyle Resnick (@kresnick), Rob Moose (@mooserob), Thomas Bartlett (@tingalayo), and Yuki Numata Resnick (@kiyukiyukiyuki) — More on them later! I'm very proud of all these songs and profoundly grateful to @taylorswift for inviting me into and trusting me in her process. She is one of the most talented, hardworking and deeply caring artists I've ever encountered. There's a palpable humanity and warmth and raw emotion in these songs that I hope you'll love and take comfort in as much as I do.

Album art by @bethgarrabrant.