PO NOW: Taylor Swift - Folklore 2xLP

Thanks for reaching out to us! Unfortunately, we’re unable to modify the contents of any customer’s order after it has been created. So sorry for this inconvenience. However, we are able to simply remove an item from your order if you'd like! 

If you’d like for us to cancel either of your current order at any time to place a new one, let us know and we’ll be happy to help! Be advised, however, that refunds can take 3 - 10 business days to appear on your account.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for supporting Taylor Swift,
Colin + uMusic Customer Care

They got back to me saying they can’t combine orders. Don’t feel like canceling and re-ordering.

9 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

Eh?

I was being facetious, but Abbey Road was the top selling vinyl album for 2019 with 1/4 of a million copies sold and its basically been in the top 3 for like 15 years straight (for some weird reason - you'd think everyone would have it by now). I'm not buying all 8, but if Swift fans (who bought 1.5 million copies of DLs, CDs and Vinyl in 24 hrs) do, it would out sell it. I kinda just wanna see it go down.

So P4K gave the record an 8.0...and the review itself is pretty good. They didn't bash it and stayed pretty objective...at least I thought so. 

And then a pack of hardline Swifties started making death threats and doxxing the writer. So much so that she went private on her Twitter account. 

What the fuck is wrong with these people?!?!?

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/taylor-swift-folklore/

39 minutes ago, jhulud said:

So P4K gave the record an 8.0...and the review itself is pretty good. They didn't bash it and stayed pretty objective...at least I thought so. 

And then a pack of hardline Swifties started making death threats and doxxing the writer. So much so that she went private on her Twitter account. 

Wow, doxxing over an 8.0? Are these Last of Us 2 fans that were pissed about the ending also Taylor Swift? fans What a bunch of basement dwelling assholes. 

Edited by Sad Heart

It’s not just Taylor Swift fans, it’s modern fandom. Take hard core fans of an artist and give them internet resources and social media, you get a toxic portion of a fan base. 

Im sure Bieber fans would do this. Beyoncé fans, kpop stans. We just live in weird times where people are totally fine with being dicks to others.

Edited by timsimmons

I have a friend who plays a fictional character on a show with a crazy fandom and they received death threats when their fictional character double crossed the main heroes for like 2 episodes. Some brains can’t seem to distinguish their personal sense of being/worth/balance from a fictional or artistic universe they enjoy as entertainment or manage their subsequent emotions.

Edited by Oblivions

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

Yeah this is super terrible and is happening more often with "fandoms." Baffling to me that people get worked up over something they are a fan of and doesn't affect their lives in any way at all. 

We all get worked up when a favorite band & artist releases a new record & you want it to be 10/10. I will never understand getting so heated over a music critic’s review to the point of making death threats. Their difference of opinion is theirs alone & doesn’t change how I may feel about that record. 

It’s obsessive hardline fandoms like this that fuck it up for the rest. 

On 7/26/2020 at 8:19 AM, timsimmons said:

I was being facetious, but Abbey Road was the top selling vinyl album for 2019 with 1/4 of a million copies sold and its basically been in the top 3 for like 15 years straight (for some weird reason - you'd think everyone would have it by now). I'm not buying all 8, but if Swift fans (who bought 1.5 million copies of DLs, CDs and Vinyl in 24 hrs) do, it would out sell it. I kinda just wanna see it go down.

This is kind of crazy because I was just looking at a UK chart and Abbey Road isn’t even in the Top 40 (which is as high as it goes).

In fact, there’s at least two better selling vinyl albums by The Beatles themselves.

I wonder why Americans are so fascinated by Abbey Road?

1 minute ago, unknown pleasures said:

This is kind of crazy because I was just looking at a UK chart and Abbey Road isn’t even in the Top 40 (which is as high as it goes).

In fact, there’s at least two better selling vinyl albums by The Beatles themselves.

I wonder why Americans are so fascinated by Abbey Road?

The Beatles fuckin honk so that’s a good question.