PO NOW: Taylor Swift - Folklore 2xLP

51 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

*I don’t think she’ll re-record the albums again as fun as that would be. 

Why do you think she wouldn’t re-record? I think re-recordings are a given. I’m expecting re-recordings, deluxe editions, unheard demos, everything possible in an effort to capitalize off of those albums and to cut Scooter Braun out. 

Any predictions for what’s going to be posted tomorrow after tonight’s current vinyl preorder closes? I predict a singles 7” box set like that one Rancid did years back.

Or maybe a standard black autographed version?

What about a deluxe version that includes both the voice memo and alternate version of Cardigan?

3 hours ago, kas1985 said:

Why do you think she wouldn’t re-record? I think re-recordings are a given. I’m expecting re-recordings, deluxe editions, unheard demos, everything possible in an effort to capitalize off of those albums and to cut Scooter Braun out. 

Because I think the move is to create a threat to Braun’s investment. Her fan base is rabid enough to make sure few people stream the old records and just the new ones, essentially massively devaluing her old catalog, crashing it's value. 

her move is to threaten it, and he sells it back to her

Edited by timsimmons

Look at it. 

She wins either way. She makes her old songs newish, but the same, and the fans devour it up. Media praises her for standing up to shit and reclaiming her own product (and rightfully so - all artists should own their shit), it costs money to do so, but she’ll merch the shit out of it, possibly making more than she did originally given the hype around her doing so. 

or

Braun realizes his investment would be in decline If she re-records and he sells it to her at a fair market price before she does anything. She then owns everything and makes all the money off it (which will happen because her fan base will stream the fuck out of it to celebrate and reward her)  and can do what she wants. 

either way she wins and massively. 

tl;dr it’s a bluff, but she will win either way. She re-records ands makes a ton of money because her fans are supportive and only want HER stuff, or she scares Scooter to sell and she owns and makes money off her catalog.  

Edited by timsimmons

Here’s what I just thought of based on the first part of @timsimmons post. 

If T-Swizzle does go forth & makeS good & re-records all her BMLG catalog and merch the shit out of it, would she have to create completely new art & whatnot? I’d think that she couldn’t use the original art as it’d fall under still being under BMLG. Right?