PO NOW: Taylor Swift - Folklore 2xLP

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping the thread to vent...

Fuckin' shit does UMG suck ass!!!! It's going to be going on 30 days soon here since my original request to cancel my orders and get refunded and nothing has happened. I have sent them TWO follow-up requests and I keep getting the same canned response that the refund will be processed within 7-10 days and will get emails to confirm. 

So far...no refunds. Just sent them a third follow-up and will see what happens. If I get the same canned response...which I am sure I will...I will flip my shit. And open a Paypal dispute. 

I'm just flabbergasted at the response I just received:

Hi Juan,

Thanks for reaching out! I appreciate your patience. Our refund department is experiencing higher than usual volumes currently, but we assure you that your refund will be processed as soon as possible.

As always, feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns!

11 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Hi Juan,

Thanks for reaching out! I appreciate your patience. Our refund department is experiencing higher than usual volumes currently, but we assure you that your refund will be processed as soon as possible.

Well at least they acknowledge you. Better than not getting a response. 

46 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Hi Juan,

Sounds like the Vinyl Me, Please responses I’ve been getting for months. Maybe UMG took a page out of the VMP playbook. 

53 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

Well at least they acknowledge you. Better than not getting a response. 

True. But my beef is that since day one...7/23...I have requested the refunds...first reply was you'll get refunded within 7-10 days. That time passes and nothing. Message again...I get the same canned response...you'll be refunded within 7-10 days. 

And here we are. "You'll get refunded soon...we don't know when...but surely soon."

I don't know how long to wait some more before starting to blast on Twitter...as that seems to be the only place it may even get noticed and acknowledged. 

I waited past the ten days on a refund for the extra Cardigan singles I ordered and heard nothing. I ended up emailing them again asking to just leave the order in place since I figured it was only $30 and they’ll probably sell for at least that in a year and they of course responded to that right away, like within a day. 

2 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Got an update. They responded again and confirmed that the orders are being cancelled and being refunded. But when I look at the confirmations and amounts, they're shorting me a total of $31.50 between the two orders. What the fuck?!?!

You’re being charged for the digital albums which are “non refundable under any circumstance”. Learned this the hard way a few years ago. Only order from UMG if you are absolutely certain it is something you will not want to cancel later.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatMrY said:

You’re being charged for the digital albums which are “non refundable under any circumstance”. Learned this the hard way a few years ago. Only order from UMG if you are absolutely certain it is something you will not want to cancel later.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

And here's the kicker. I didn't download anything cuz I knew I was going to cancel. So didn't touch the downloads at all. Still haven't to this day. 

5 minutes ago, jhulud said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

And here's the kicker. I didn't download anything cuz I knew I was going to cancel. So didn't touch the downloads at all. Still haven't to this day. 

They recently changed their policy. It used to be ok if you hadn’t touched them but now it’s absolutely 100% non refundable even if you don’t download. It’s all right in there on their store policy. 

Edited by TheGreatMrY

Yuuuuuuuuup, learned this lesson a different way with the last The Weeknd pre-order (Republic, a subsidiary of UMG). He was dropping endless sets of 24-hour exclusive Merch pieces. Later on, old pieces came back up for sale - at discounted prices. BUT, the kicker here was even those "discounted" prices that they displayed INCLUDED paying for the digital album. Nowhere (in legible font) did it say explicitly that you were paying for the merch item + the digital album every purchase. Definitely a system for rigging album sales, but, Reddit fans eventually figured out you could filter to specific categories and basically go to the last page of items for sale and find the merch items alone at a SEVERELY discounted rate, with no digital albums.

I ended up making a couple of purchases early on before it became clear that you could buy it without the digital album attached, and I own like 5 copies of The Weeknd - After Hours that i'll never download or listen to.

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

I called PayPal and they refunded me the $6-7 that Universal wouldn’t, as a complimentary dealio for being a longtime member. The agent I talked to was like “...I’ve seen people charge for digital elements and we usually uphold the seller’s policy...but your order was $90 and they won’t give you the last $6...that seems a bit much.”

3 hours ago, TheGreatMrY said:

Unless you don't download it. If you look at their terms, you can get fully refunded within a certain time frame if you haven't accessed the downloads. Source: have read terms and been refunded through UMG.

Edit: just read your reply that they changed the wording. Boooooo to that.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage