PO NOW: Taylor Swift - Folklore 2xLP

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

I’m still floored at how much the ACM RED on red vinyl goes for. Even the incomplete sets without the wraparound sleeve & stickered box go for crazy amounts. 

i had actually won an auction for one complete with the sleeve and box on ebay back in 2013. ended up cancelling the order because the seller refused to ship it double boxed (they were going to ship it in the original promo box). i didn't bother pursuing another copy because i was already out of my comfort zone in terms of price, and just sort of let it drop off my wantlist.

final price of the auction: $61.00

3 minutes ago, revisited said:

i had actually won an auction for one complete with the sleeve and box on ebay back in 2013. ended up cancelling the order because the seller refused to ship it double boxed (they were going to ship it in the original promo box). i didn't bother pursuing another copy because i was already out of my comfort zone in terms of price, and just sort of let it drop off my wantlist.

Whaaaaat! If you only knew

On 8/24/2020 at 10:33 PM, lexicondevil said:

Thinking about it, I'm not sure how she might have gotten away with selling them online. Picture the ebay listing, Taylor Swift Folklore signed CD. Number of copies available 30. Question to seller, how did you manage to come by these exactly?

😄😄

2 hours ago, Roandy55 said:

Thinking about it, I'm not sure how she might have gotten away with selling them online. Picture the ebay listing, Taylor Swift Folklore signed CD. Number of copies available 30. Question to seller, how did you manage to come by these exactly?

😄😄

Vinceron has made a career out of basically this.

13 hours ago, jhulud said:

I’m still floored at how much the ACM RED on red vinyl goes for. Even the incomplete sets without the wraparound sleeve & stickered box go for crazy amounts. 

Someone on Discogs split these up into two different releases. Like, I'm pretty sure the slip just got fucked and someone threw it away. 

11 hours ago, revisited said:

I got mine for 75 and was upset about that too. 

4 hours ago, Corgipants said:

I got mine for 75 and was upset about that too. 

3 hours ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

I paid $115'ish for my ACM Red, it had the sleeve but not the box.

truthfully i hadn't thought about how relatively "affordable" those were 7-8 years ago, only really looking into what they were going for now in the last year or so. i try not to think about what i let get away from me, or else it aches like it does now lol.

i think the true tragedy is how they wasted the perfect opportunity to issue the RSD release on any sort of red vinyl variant, though i know enough has been said about that

Edited by revisited

Unrelated to the vinyl edition...I ordered all 8 CD's...stupid, I know...but it's funny how weird UMG are with their shipping. I received #1 already. Received the rest except #3 yesterday. And now #3 is out for delivery today. 

I hope that doesn't happen with the vinyl editions. Although...it'd be better as less of a chance of damage to them if all 8 were to be shipped together.