PO NOW: Taylor Swift - Folklore 2xLP

I have now spun the "Trees" version three times through. Sides 1, 2 and 4 sound great, but side 3 sounds pretty bad--lots of noise and "blips". I'm not good at descriptors with bad vinyl sound, but this whole side sounds "metallic." Also, "Epiphany" gets stuck, but that could be a problem with my vertical tracking force (except the last songs on the other three sides are fine).

I was planning on keeping my "Weeds" version unplayed, but now I'd like to know if it is a better pressing than "Trees." Also considering buying the Target version to compare.

On 7/30/2020 at 9:12 PM, timsimmons said:

Look at it. 

She wins either way. She makes her old songs newish, but the same, and the fans devour it up. Media praises her for standing up to shit and reclaiming her own product (and rightfully so - all artists should own their shit), it costs money to do so, but she’ll merch the shit out of it, possibly making more than she did originally given the hype around her doing so. 

or

Braun realizes his investment would be in decline If she re-records and he sells it to her at a fair market price before she does anything. She then owns everything and makes all the money off it (which will happen because her fan base will stream the fuck out of it to celebrate and reward her)  and can do what she wants. 

either way she wins and massively. 

tl;dr it’s a bluff, but she will win either way. She re-records ands makes a ton of money because her fans are supportive and only want HER stuff, or she scares Scooter to sell and she owns and makes money off her catalog.  

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

https://pitchfork.com/news/scooter-braun-sells-taylor-swifts-masters-report/?mbid=social_twitter&utm_brand=p4k&utm_medium=social&utm_social-type=owned&utm_source=twitter

14 hours ago, jhulud said:

And it’s relevant...a friend sent me this link & I spent way too much time going over it. 

A ranking of all 146 Swift songs. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahmarder/taylor-swift-songs-ranked?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bffbbuzzfeed&ref=bffbbuzzfeed&

"Haunted" over "All Too Well" ?!

c'mon.....

I still think shes gonna end up striking a deal with this Shamrock company and she won't re-record stuff, but maybe throw fans a bone and do 15 track LP with new versions of some old tracks. I can't imagine the work it would take to re-create those records, and then set them loose. I would think it would be a several year rollout. Plus she'll want to do new material at the same time. So part of me still thinks its a bluff.

Or, I'm overestimating how much work will have to go into re-recording 6 albums and we'll get all 6 at once pretty quickly.

17 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I still think shes gonna end up striking a deal with this Shamrock company and she won't re-record stuff, but maybe throw fans a bone and do 15 track LP with new versions of some old tracks. I can't imagine the work it would take to re-create those records, and then set them loose. I would think it would be a several year rollout. Plus she'll want to do new material at the same time. So part of me still thinks its a bluff.

Or, I'm overestimating how much work will have to go into re-recording 6 albums and we'll get all 6 at once pretty quickly.

She doesn't have anything better to do, it'll just be one big boxed set.