PO NOW: Taylor Swift - Folklore 2xLP

8 hours ago, timsimmons said:

I mean, she could make another Folklore type record. 

This.

I know the Taylor fans would buy it, but I personally think re-recordings of older albums is kinda lame.

From Modern English re-recording I Melt With You over and over again, to Kenny Rogers re-recording his hits because he did not want to pay to use the original masters on his latest Greatest Hits package, something just gets “lost” to my ears when these artists try to capture lightning in a bottle again.

Taylor should just look forward. Having 8 different versions of her new album is a step in the right direction. 😄

Personally, I think this new album IS her best work, and the first album of her’s I have ever bought!

Edited by Plarocks

7 hours ago, Plarocks said:

From Modern English re-recording I Melt With You over and over again, to Kenny Rogers re-recording his hits because he did not want to pay to use the original masters on his latest Greatest Hits package, something just gets “lost” to my ears when these artists try to capture lightning in a bottle again.

While I agree with you to a certain extent, I'm curious to see what time and maturity do to the older music, not to mention the all-star team of producers she's recruited and collaborated with through the years, I think the early stuff will benefit, and it'll be cool to hear what are essentially remixes of Red, 1989, and Rep (when she's aloud to do it). 

1 hour ago, slinch said:

A Reel Big Day

I'll see myself out...

If you don't win the day, this election is rigged.