PO NOW: Taylor Swift - Folklore 2xLP

I didn't want to rub salt into anyone's wounds, but...I didn't order any variant back in the summer, I assumed the deadline was made up then missed out.  I was kicking myself for ages.

Couple of weeks ago some variants popped up on the UK store. I grabbed a couple and they arrived last week. Look great. Sounds a little splashy I think. Might be my turntable needs adjusting.

I am posting now as it looks like yours are all on the way!

spacer.png

Here we go again...

I’m elated to tell you that my 9th studio album, and folklore’s sister record, will be out tonight at midnight eastern. It’s called evermore. To put it plainly, we just couldn’t stop writing songs. To try and put it more poetically, it feels like we were standing on the edge of the folklorian woods and had a choice: to turn and go back or to travel further into the forest of this music. We chose to wander deeper in. I’ve never done this before. In the past I’ve always treated albums as one-off eras and moved onto planning the next one after an album was released. There was something different with folklore. In making it, I felt less like I was departing and more like I was returning. I loved the escapism I found in these imaginary/not imaginary tales. I loved the ways you welcomed the dreamscapes and tragedies and epic tales of love lost and found into your lives. So I just kept writing them. And I loved creating these songs with Aaron Dessner, Jack Antonoff, WB, and Justin Vernon. We’ve also welcomed some new (and longtime) friends to our musical kitchen table this time around...

From Tay's FB

Pre-order up now. 

Ever since I was 13, I’ve been excited about turning 31 because it’s my lucky number backwards, which is why I wanted to surprise you with this now. You’ve all been so caring, supportive and thoughtful on my birthdays and so this time I thought I would give you something! I also know this holiday season will be a lonely one for most of us and if there are any of you out there who turn to music to cope with missing loved ones the way I do, this is for you. There are 15 tracks on the standard edition of evermore, but the deluxe physical edition will include two bonus tracks - “right where you left me” and “it’s time to go” ⌛️ All *digital downloads* of the album will include an exclusive, digital booklet with 16 brand new photos. You can pre-order evermore now at https://taylor.lnk.to/evermorealbum

5 minutes ago, Corgipants said:

I can't wait to see how long the setlist for a tour supporting three albums is. Unless we're just going to pretend Lover didn't exist. 

I'm really really hoping for a scaled-back tour (maybe arenas instead of stadiums, haha) where it's just these two records. (maybe a few older hits in the encore? idk)  I imagine Matt Berninger will be touring his solo album, so I don't see why Aaron Dessner couldn't come along and lead whatever backing band she puts together.  It's never ever going to happen, but a guy can dream

2 minutes ago, booms528 said:

I'm really really hoping for a scaled-back tour (maybe arenas instead of stadiums, haha) where it's just these two records. (maybe a few older hits in the encore? idk)  I imagine Matt Berninger will be touring his solo album, so I don't see why Aaron Dessner couldn't come along and lead whatever backing band she puts together.  It's never ever going to happen, but a guy can dream

That'd be sick, as long as I can move my tickets for the Boston show that never happened. Would be nice to have something a little closer to home.