PO NOW: Taylor Swift - Folklore 2xLP

19 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Ok now that some of you nerds got 8 variants in and they are back in the store... which one is the BEST one? Or should I just stick with the red target one and be a reasonable human?

Best cover: “Running Like Water”

Best color variant: tie “Stolen Lullabies” & “Betty’s Garden”

The only three I sprang for.

32 minutes ago, IndigoHollow said:

Got in touch with support about wrong variant they sent me. Attached a photo and an unpacking video. They replied that if I'll send them photo of received items, it will speed up the process. Wtf is going on in their heads?

It seems like you have to send 2-3 emails before you get something that isn’t copy-pasted. 

Has anyone ever contacted them over damaged sleeves and have anything come out of it out of curiosity? I don’t mind seam splits or corner dings but a few variants came a little busted up.

In the event that no one has stated this yet, I will: I played one of my variants that wasn't the Target exclusive, and it sounds better / nicer. The degree of "cheapness" (some have said they've heard sibilance etc) that comes with a Target pressed bright red vinyl is absent. 

4 hours ago, biodigitaljazz said:

In the event that no one has stated this yet, I will: I played one of my variants that wasn't the Target exclusive, and it sounds better / nicer. The degree of "cheapness" (some have said they've heard sibilance etc) that comes with a Target pressed bright red vinyl is absent. 

Thank you! Anxious to listen to one of my copies from the TS Store to hear the difference. Hoping to compare today. My Target copy is a MAJOR disappointment. 

I commented on this a few weeks back (as I was really fortunate to get my copies of "Folklore" early), but even with the TS store variants, the quality differs. I have "In the Trees" and "In the Weeds", and Weeds sounds significantly better all the way through. Trees side C is flawed and unlistenable, but even sides A, B and D are richer on Weeds.

Played one of my tariff variants side B, which has some of my favorite tracks on the album, and had some sibilance / IGD. The red target copy actually sounded a better on those tracks. YMMV I suppose. I may crack open another tswift variant to check it out. 

im also curious if the meet me behind the mall version off her website has the same gatefold artwork as the target copy. Can anyone confirm 

On 12/15/2020 at 7:20 PM, jhulud said:

Just got shopping emails for like three different “cardigan” 12” and 7” singles. I’ve lost track of what all I’ve ordered. 

I will take an extra “NON picture disc” version of one of those, if you don’t scalp me.

Originally passed because I did not wan’t to pay shipping twice, and I already bought two copies of the Folklore album.

PM if interested.

I wonder when Evermore will pop up on the US website again. Should I just wait for BullMoose?

Edited by Plarocks