PO NOW: Taylor Swift - Folklore 2xLP

35 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

This is kind of crazy because I was just looking at a UK chart and Abbey Road isn’t even in the Top 40 (which is as high as it goes).

In fact, there’s at least two better selling vinyl albums by The Beatles themselves.

I wonder why Americans are so fascinated by Abbey Road?

It was 5th in the UK last year so I guess some magic happened and everyone forgot about it over there?

5 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Last year the anniversary deluxe reissue came out that's why it was the top selling vinyl. 

Thats why it was easily the top, but it's always in the running every year. I think its like Super Mario 64 and where you have to buy Abbey Road with your new toy.

The differences in the UK and US charts are fascinating to me - far more catalog stuff in the US charts vs far more contemporary stuff in the UK charts.

Also, crazy that bands like Joy Division are as high as #3 on the UK chart and Kate Bush is even there at all when I reckon Joy Division sells more shirts than albums in the US and Kate Bush is still relatively obscure.

I suppose part of it is also that vinyl never really “went away” in the UK so things like Abbey Road or Dark Side of the Moon were selling consistently while in the US a bunch of hipster teenagers are trying to catch up and start their collections at Target and Urban Outfitters. 

Wait, what’s that?

Ordering 8 copies of this album wasn’t enough?

You’re really looking to burn more money and prove yourself as the alpha Swift fan?

How about some limited-time 7” and 12” singles?

https://store.taylorswift.com/collections/limited-edition-cardigan-single-collection

29 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Only on the 7” b-side.  12” B is a pre-recording of Taylor laughing her way to the bank.

I like how the image for the 7” is just a smaller version of the 12”. *click to select and click top corner and drag anddddd smaller. Perfect.*