PO SOON: Touché Amoré-Lament

1 minute ago, dantheriver said:

Seriously.

Friendly reminder to all that black w/ splatter mockups often times look ok but they rarely look pleasing IRL.  Scroll down a few pages to the O’Brother thread for a recent post of how bad a black w/ gold splatter variant turned out.

I think I have seen like, one or two black with splatter variants that actually look good, and I think special manufacturing had to be used (or some specific plant) for it to look that way. Every single other one I've seen is super underwhelming. All y'all be warned, most likely it won't look great.

With that being said, new TA is something I enjoy experiencing. Will decide between the Deathwish and EU splatter variant once they go up. Always stellar music.

2 minutes ago, megan said:

If it's a visual album, I'm also wondering if there's a cd/dvd coming along with it. Indie exclusive price is coming in at $21.98, which feels like a bit more than your average single LP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ https://darksiderecords.com/UPC/045778771936

Epitaph usually charges that much for their indie releases - Skeleton Coast indie exclusive was also 21.98

Just now, megan said:

Yeah, realized the new Front Bottoms indie pressing through FBR also was ~$22.

Visual album only released digitally, perhaps? The video for Limelight is stunning

I would assume the visual album stuff will be on YouTube and streaming services most likely so yes

1 minute ago, TheWindBlower said:

Everybody in this thread after they receive the black with splatter:

To be fair, if you've been accumulating splatter variants for any amount of real time, you should probably know by now that any "black-with-splatter" variants end up super faint and streaky 99% of the time.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

Hmm so a decent amount of pink/red inside the book. Would still rather it match the actual cover but I guess I get it.

I think it also kind of matches the aesthetic and "direction" of the center label.  Not at all my first pick though, you're right.  But if it's as reasonably priced as their previous deluxe editions I think it'll be an incredible value and tough to pass on.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

To be fair, if you've been accumulating splatter variants for any amount of real time, you should probably know by now that any "black-with-splatter" variants end up super faint and streaky 99% of the time.

I think it also kind of matches the aesthetic and "direction" of the center label.  Not at all my first pick though, you're right.  But if it's as reasonably priced as their previous deluxe editions I think it'll be an incredible value and tough to pass on.

if the splatter isn't on a translucent or transparent base it always looks poor

Just now, kylet said:

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and final grab a copy of dead horse X. I have enough rare variants of it that I could probably sell off to justify getting the deluxe. Idk $75 is so much....but I've wanted it for so long...haha

it's worth - the book itself is so well done and full of awesome shit from that era

9 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

10000% but you KNOW we're still gonna get at least one in here upset the splatter on black is hardly noticeable.

2 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

if the splatter isn't on a translucent or transparent base it always looks poor

I don't mind a splatter on an opaque white base, but otherwise, yeah it's gotta be clear.