PO SOON: Touché Amoré-Lament

19 minutes ago, zerohacker said:

I didn't get shipping notification on the Deluxe, but I checked the KRM site and it said it shipped out yesterday. No tracking info tho

Same for my gold/beer from KRM. The below message was on the same page:
"There was an error pulling your tracking number from the system. Please contact customer service for further details. We apologize for the inconvenience."

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

Yep, no notification but I just remembered why I do like ordering from KRM. One of the two labels that ships from LA and gets to me first ha. Even better was back in the day with No Sleep. I took them up on their free warehouse pickup once. That was cool.

Same here, I kinda miss the heyday of No Sleep and doing warehouse pickup.

24 minutes ago, ethereal said:

super meh at best - definitely my least favorite thing from them

Yikes.  Not that anyone asked, but  S4 = Lament > PTSBBAM >> ISB > TTBOADH, for me.  (Having Horse that low is probably heresy, but what can I say?). We’ll see how long it lasts but Lament seems to have that firm “legitimately gets better with each play”, 4 spins in.

just did two full listens through. big oof. this sounds like an album that could have preceded Stage Four (by far their best album and a great album period, in my opinion) but is nowhere near as memorable musically or thematically.

A few catchy melodies here and there but they're far outweighed by bland filler and big yikes lyrics like the entire opening of the last track "A Forecast", where the only conclusion I can draw is he's complaining about not getting calls on the anniversary of his [mom's?] death (strange form of grief), and then in the next breath says some of his still living families members are "dead to him" because they differ from him politically. Like, grow up, man. There's other examples, but i'm one that can be turned off from a project by just a few shallow lyrics, so that's on me.

it just sounds like a lot of insecurity, self-pity and doubt when you'd hope for personal growth from tragedy.

disclaimer: don't vote, so don't start

I don't understand how anyone who is an actual Touche fan can dislike this record, it's easily their best record, my personal ranking would go Lament> Stage 4>Is Survived By>Parting The Sea>Dead Horse, because they have consistently gotten better with every record

2 hours ago, Chrundle The Great said:

just did two full listens through. big oof. this sounds like an album that could have preceded Stage Four (by far their best album and a great album period, in my opinion) but is nowhere near as memorable musically or thematically.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:05
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:14

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:14

A few catchy melodies here and there but they're far outweighed by bland filler and big yikes lyrics like the entire opening of the last track "A Forecast", where the only conclusion I can draw is he's complaining about not getting calls on the anniversary of his [mom's?] death (strange form of grief), and then in the next breath says some of his still living families members are "dead to him" because they differ from him politically. Like, grow up, man. There's other examples, but i'm one that can be turned off from a project by just a few shallow lyrics, so that's on me.

ciyw8w0y_main_0_1198x627.jpg
The smarts you need now
In an up and down market, sound, personalized advice should hold steady. We’re...
edwardjones.com

it just sounds like a lot of insecurity, self-pity and doubt when you'd hope for personal growth from tragedy.

disclaimer: don't vote, so don't start

The beginning of A Forecast really really feels like Jeremy's best attempt at something Matt Berninger would write. If you know the song Not In Kansas from the most recent National album, it sounds very much like that. He's a huge National fan (as am I), so it didn't put me off too much, but I can see it coming out of left field and being a big wtf moment in the album.