PO SOON: Touché Amoré-Lament

4 hours ago, Chrundle The Great said:

Never been a Trump guy myself, but I think it takes great hubris to assume you've reached a point of political enlightenment to not even speak to your own family members or friends if they disagree with you. it means you must be confident you know all relevant information on the subject, and there is no room for discussion with those who don't see it your way, or even why they don't. it goes further than that because it assumes these people also have no value in your life. I think that would be a sad way to live, unless this is all hyperbole and you don't mean what you're saying.

try to remove yourself from the specific GOP/Trump iteration and look at it objectively, because it is a lack of empathy, by definition. and isn't empathy what family's all about?

pseudo-philosophical rant over, have a great weekend everybody

fuck anyone and everyone who supports Donald Trump and this administration 

8 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Imagine thinking Jeremy, who by all accounts seems like one of the kindest dudes in this scene, is a “bad person” because he wrote lyrics about being bummed his closest friends emotionally let him down a few times. And about how he doesn’t want anything to do with his MAGA relatives. Imagine.

This.

6 minutes ago, CatsNJazz said:

Monday. Does anyone know where the record release variant will be up for sale at? I'm guessing kingsroad but I want to be sure so I can can have the tab open to repeatedly refresh 

Jeremy said on Twitter there would be a store link during the livestream

I feel like an odd touche fan out, but here's my ranking:

Is Survived By > Lament = Stage Four > Dead Horse > Parting The Sea > Early EPs

Nostalgia involved, Dead horse would be #1, but to me objectively Lament is at LEAST on par with Stage Four, and has more energy than Stage Four. Time will tell if it beats out my previous faves.

Edited by jkteddy77
Rerank

So do you need a "ticket" for this livestream thing? I'd watch a little it if were free and try to get the record release variant. 

All I'm finding is this link: https://www.twitch.tv/sosbooking

Nothing about buying a ticket like most of these other livestreams. 

Edited by kylet

4 minutes ago, kylet said:

So do you need a "ticket" for this livestream thing? I'd watch a little it if were free and try to get the record release variant. 

All I'm finding is this link: https://www.twitch.tv/sosbooking

Nothing about buying a ticket like most of these other livestreams. 

I've seen zero mention of an admission fee for this particular show.  It actually popped up on my Bandsintown app, which is pretty good about showing costs upfront.  At this point I'm fully inclined to believe it's a free show.

Just now, Derek™ said:

I've seen zero mention of an admission fee for this particular show.  It actually popped up on my Bandsintown app, which is pretty good about showing costs upfront.  At this point I'm fully inclined to believe it's a free show.

That's pretty cool. After watching the promo video on the page, I get the vibe the account is all free shows, donate if you can/want to. The dude who runs it seems like a solid guy.

Livestreams don't seem like they'd be my thing at all. I'm yet to pay for/watch one.  If my kids go down easy tonight and I'm not completely whipped I plan to check at least some of this out. Would be nice to get the record release variant. And who knows, maybe it will change my mind on livestreams.