PO SOON: Touché Amoré-Lament

6 minutes ago, kylet said:

That's pretty cool. After watching the promo video on the page, I get the vibe the account is all free shows, donate if you can/want to. The dude who runs it seems like a solid guy.

Livestreams don't seem like they'd be my thing at all. I'm yet to pay for/watch one.  If my kids go down easy tonight and I'm not completely whipped I plan to check at least some of this out. Would be nice to get the record release variant. And who knows, maybe it will change my mind on livestreams. 

I’ve done a couple this year just to support the artists I enjoy.  They are (very obviously) far and away from the real thing.  You definitely shouldn’t go into them with any kind of “big buzz” excitement like you’d get from waiting front row at a venue with some friends, eager for the bands to take the stage.

Maybe it’s different if you’ve got a den or basement with surround sound that you can absolutely blare – though it sounds like you don’t – but I don’t have that luxury either, and I do feel that it shrinks down the experience quite a bit.  If you do check the stream out tonight, or any at any point, I’d just suggest thinking of it as more of an extended music video than a substitution for a live show.  You’ll be a lot less underwhelmed.  My 2¢ anyway.

3 minutes ago, xen0m0rph said:

/edit/

I guess the version without the silkscreen is only $5 cheaper.  Not that big of a markup after all.  Crazy that some places (outside of KRM) were offering copies for so cheap.  I'm sure these will vanish quickly either way.

Edited by Derek™

1 minute ago, lungfutang said:

As stoked as i was to order the Record Release variant I'm going to have to pass...

I just don't really find anything overly cool about the alternate cover or their choice of variant...
Think i'll finally pull the trigger and score the Revolver Exclusive as my standalone vinyl.

Couldn't have really said it any better.  Same exact thoughts – minus the Revolver bit.  Because I lack self-control and ordered last week.