PO SOON: Touché Amoré-Lament

40 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

This album is so, so, so good. Really enjoying this. Not sure where it falls in my Touche ranking yet, but consider my expectations exceeded. "Come Heroine" might be track of the year for me. What a fantastic album opener.

My thoughts exactly. The more I listen to it the more “Come Heroine” fucking rips. Love everything about it. I’d tentatively rank this one 3rd. S4>PTSBBAM>Lament>ISB>TTBOADH

My deluxe edition arrived yesterday, the record itself sounds so good and the vinyl looks very close to the mock up, moreso than others I've seen. 

The Limelight pedal got here an hour or so ago and I'm loving it. The build quality is solid, you can tell they put a lot of thought into it. Sounds really really good through an Tele and an AC30.

1 minute ago, zerohacker said:

The Limelight pedal got here an hour or so ago and I'm loving it. The build quality is solid, you can tell they put a lot of thought into it. Sounds really really good through an Tele and an AC30.

Good to hear. Mine is supposed to arrive sometime today, looking forward to giving it a whirl tonight

Anybody a pro about pedals? 

My gf just bought me the limelight as a surprise. I love it. I was on the verge of buying a JHS double barrel if I didn't get this. Anybody know if this is similar enough to the double barrel that I might as well save $260 (used)? I know double barrel is a blues breaker on left with more of a TS right but I'm not sure what this is really.

58 minutes ago, AdventureIsOutThere said:

My gf just bought me the limelight as a surprise. I love it. I was on the verge of buying a JHS double barrel if I didn't get this. Anybody know if this is similar enough to the double barrel that I might as well save $260 (used)? I know double barrel is a blues breaker on left with more of a TS right but I'm not sure what this is really.

Haven’t played the Limelight - but the Double Barrel is a great pedal and a very versatile, each side is basically an entirely different circuit so it’s like having two pedals in a single enclosure.  My band recorded last month and sometimes we’d find the tone on one side good for one part and the tone on the other side good for a different one - so it’s definitely not a one trick pony. The Limelight seems like it has a single baked in tone and then a boost circuit on top of that tone, so it’s not the same “two pedals in one” deal the Double Barrel has. That said I love Electronic Audio Experiments and I’d rather give them my money than JHS personally, but I’m biased towards more ‘independent’, ‘small-run’ builders. 

So i had never really listened to this band before this release. I purchased the live stream vinyl and after listening more I think I may have jumped the gun on ordering. If someone wants it at EXACTLY what I paid for it from Kingsroad USA let me know or I am just going to cancel. 

18 hours ago, AdventureIsOutThere said:

most transparent overdrives are negligible as long as they are built well.  Also keep in mind JHS is a much larger company than EAE, which is why there is such a price difference.  Most JHS pedals are just clones of more popular circuits anyways.  I'd stick with the Limelight.