PO SOON: Touché Amoré-Lament

On 10/10/2020 at 3:12 PM, Scruffy...the janitor said:

I liked the album while listening to it, but I feel like I forgot about it soon after. I don't know...

I would like to publicly retract my previous statement. I decided to give the album another listen which led to another and another and another... I am fully on board and cannot stop listening to it. It's great! You win this round, VC. 

This album is good, but I'm still not sure I should have spent money on the Deluxe. It's nice quality wise, but I'm not much of an art guy. I don't get how any of the images relate to the album. Given that I tend to put on records as I'm doing other things around the house I'm also very unlikely to look at those images many times. I'm more a sucker for lots of written text, liner notes, etc. Might honestly downgrade....

36 minutes ago, hookups96 said:

Last night on the Saint Vitus Instagram live Age Of Quarantine Jeremy mentioned that the Revolver color way was actually meant to be the tour edition. 

Makes perfect sense. All the more reason for the "tour" edition to literally be the retail version or whatever with an alternate cover.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:47 PM, MCDELTAT said:

This album is good, but I'm still not sure I should have spent money on the Deluxe. It's nice quality wise, but I'm not much of an art guy. I don't get how any of the images relate to the album. Given that I tend to put on records as I'm doing other things around the house I'm also very unlikely to look at those images many times. I'm more a sucker for lots of written text, liner notes, etc. Might honestly downgrade....

I always wonder about the point of "deluxe" edition records that have a bunch of arty photos. I'm guilty of buying them, but how many times will I really look at the photos? Once. I looked at the pictures in Lament and wasn't really impressed. I'd much rather they just do a quality variant cover at a lower price point. I am loving this record, though. So much more listenable for me than the deeply depressing Stage Four. When you lose someone to cancer, you generally don't want to hear a bunch of songs about it.

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I always wonder about the point of "deluxe" edition records that have a bunch of arty photos. I'm guilty of buying them, but how many times will I really look at the photos? Once. I looked at the pictures in Lament and wasn't really impressed. I'd much rather they just do a quality variant cover at a lower price point. I am loving this record, though. So much more listenable for me than the deeply depressing Stage Four. When you lose someone to cancer, you generally don't want to hear a bunch of songs about it.

i agree about stage four. it might be their most well-crafted album (love a lot of the guitar parts), but it also just brings me down in a way that almost no other record does so i listen to it almost never.  as a whole, lament is very hit or miss for me. "come heroine" and "savoring" are A+ though. 

5 minutes ago, al-naafiysh said:

😞 Oh well...

Was expecting it to look a little odd, but that's "Black inside aqua"? I get it when splatters get all mixed up, but that just seems like the pressing plant was doing something else entirely

It probably would have worked if it was a transparent aqua or electric blue 

1 minute ago, ethereal said:

My question is - how do plants QA a variant batch like that and say “yep, looks good - send them out!”

There seems to be a huge disconnect with how some variants have turned out lately...

I mean the plant isn't gonna toss out 500 records and start over - especially when the disclaimer explains how the mock isn't exactly what it'll look like yada yada 

48 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

I mean the plant isn't gonna toss out 500 records and start over - especially when the disclaimer explains how the mock isn't exactly what it'll look like yada yada 

But don't they do a test one first? Something like a vinyl blob turning out totally wrong seems much easier to quickly spot and fix than a flawed stamper or poor mastering. From my limited understanding, the machines aren't usually unattended

1 minute ago, drewberinger said:

I don’t think they care lol 

If it doesn't affect their pay, why should they? I guess time will tell if this ends up being a "newsworthy" fuck up for Revolver and the plant gets dragged through the mud or if it just blows over and people just forget about it entirely. After all, they are only pissing off 500 people, which is relatively small in the grand scheme of things, I would guess.

A handful of years back occasionally you’d hear of a variant being so botched that a label was going to wait for a corrected version. Seems now it’s more of a ‘take what you get’ and not ‘get what you paid for’ relationship between labels and plants. 
Or the dozens of emails asking why the mock-up was so different from the actual product are less annoying than the dozens of emails asking where a delayed album is...

48 minutes ago, NoWorthyIcons said:

If my sealed copy of a /500 press is worth less than what it was when I bought it because of this fuck up, I might send out an email. Not that it would change anything, but I guess doing something is better than nothing.

If you’re buying vinyl just because it’s an investment you’re trying to flip later, try bit coin instead.