PO: Appleseed Cast - Mare Vitalis 20th Anniversary Reissue

23 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

my dream^^

I really like the idea of owning OG copies with original art and the mastering job we've known for years, alongside a set of "refreshed" versions that are remastered and feature whatever this new art style is.  Cohesion is the name of the game.  I have no qualms at all with the original LLO art or production but would shell out a pretty penny for a 2020 reboot.  (Or whenever it'd happen.)

Also just so expectations are tapered: that band version is cited as "white with green marble" by 30something.  That mockup is going to be legit grey marble with a mint hue.  A lot of people seemed confused that the band version of RW ["white with red marble"] turned out to be a grayish, pink marble.  Bonus points for additional consistency though.

36 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I really like the idea of owning OG copies with original art and the mastering job we've known for years, alongside a set of "refreshed" versions that are remastered and feature whatever this new art style is.  Cohesion is the name of the game.  I have no qualms at all with the original LLO art or production but would shell out a pretty penny for a 2020 reboot.  (Or whenever it'd happen.)

Also just so expectations are tapered: that band version is cited as "white with green marble" by 30something.  That mockup is going to be legit grey marble with a mint hue.  A lot of people seemed confused that the band version of RW ["white with red marble"] turned out to be a grayish, pink marble.  Bonus points for additional consistency though.

yeah i'm not opposed to the concept, but i don't have an OG press of this one and reealllly love that art haha. so keeping the OG art selfishly gets my vote :P
and yeah their mockups are a bit...off // but the white/red marble turned out nice so i'm ok with returning to that particular well

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my copy of End of Ring Wars from Germany. It's the coke,bottle clear pressing. Turned out more like clear with light blue wisps or smoke, whatever you want to call it. Pressing looks really clean. They also sealed the records outside of the jacket when shipping, wrapped it in bubble wrap and used a,beefy mailer. Really nice job packaging it,for international customers. 

3 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

Just received my copy of End of Ring Wars from Germany. It's the coke,bottle clear pressing. Turned out more like clear with light blue wisps or smoke, whatever you want to call it. Pressing looks really clean. They also sealed the records outside of the jacket when shipping, wrapped it in bubble wrap and used a,beefy mailer. Really nice job packaging it,for international customers. 

Are you in the US?  This is all tremendous news, especially after swallowing that shipping cost.  Sounds like you’re at least getting some bang for your buck on that packaging job.  Love a good coke bottle clear but that deviation sounds like it wouldn’t be a terrible fit for the new cover at all.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Are you in the US?  This is all tremendous news, especially after swallowing that shipping cost.  Sounds like you’re at least getting some bang for your buck on that packaging job.  Love a good coke bottle clear but that deviation sounds like it wouldn’t be a terrible fit for the new cover at all.

Jist checked discogs and it's listed as coke bottle clear with teal. 

Slightly different from what's advertised, but I'm just happy to get a copy of this record. 

Yes, I'm in Missouri.

Edit: Side B has a pretty serious dish warp. Side D also has an edge warp. Can't seem to get a flat record these days.

Edited by zdkaiser

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

you are receiving this email because you have at least one current pre-order item from us in your order. It's about these 4 releases:

The Appleseed Cast - Mare Vitalis 2x LP

Logh - A Sunset Panorama LP

Pilot to Gunner - Games at high Speeds LP (+ bundle)

Sunday's Best - the Californian LP (Repress)

All of these releases have been planned since May and have also been in production in our pressing plant since summer. All releases were set be available at the end of September / beginning of October, but unfortunately there will be a significant delay for each of the 4 titles. We were finally informed of this at the end of last week.

The reason for this are the current massive restrictions in the procurement of the granulate for pressing the records and the entire supply chain by Covid-19. Everything looked good through the summer, but unfortunately the postponement of many releases by a lot of labels from spring to autumn has suddenly and retrospectively reduced the availability of the granulate. Since demand fell sharply at times and production in Asia was only low anyway, this could not be satisfied when demand increased. Our pressing plant had to postpone over 100 orders by various labels and looked for alternative options (and found them). Another problem is that our small pressing plant books times with a large supplier in order to produce there. This also had to be canceled because the entire infrastructure that is tied to the large provider became very non-binding due to the Corona crisis and all orders were endangered by possible insolvencies in the supply chain. Our pressing plant has therefore "pulled the plug" because their business and all publications were extremely endangered. Now a new partner has been found and production can start again as usual, only all current orders (like our the 4 releases mentioned above) have only now been booked and are now being processed. This is all very annoying, but we are behind our pressing plant for this decision, as it could have been much worse. It is currently not clear when the records will be here, but it will certainly take a while. Unfortunately.

The test pressings of all first presses sound great and I'll get a couple of covers, which I'll post on our Instagram. All bands are excited and we all look forward to the finished products.

I hope you all understand. The current times are not easy times and we are trying everything possible to keep everything going as usual.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Stay safe and healthy

Matthias - TSR

2 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Hello everyone,

you are receiving this email because you have at least one current pre-order item from us in your order. It's about these 4 releases:

The Appleseed Cast - Mare Vitalis 2x LP

Logh - A Sunset Panorama LP

Pilot to Gunner - Games at high Speeds LP (+ bundle)

Sunday's Best - the Californian LP (Repress)

Glad you posted this, went ahead and got that Pilot to Gunner album. I remember it being pretty darn good.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got my color-in-color in and it's splendid. Way more blue to it than pictured in the Instagram post they put up a while back, and I really like it that way.

Looks like they bulk shipped to the US and used a forwarding service stateside, which is probably the right move. My record came packaged like a tank with minimal damage to the mailer (and none to the contents).

073ahG8.jpg

hV6tavQ.jpg

Edited by copelandkid

Just now, copelandkid said:

Just got my color-in-color in and it's splendid. Way more blue to it than pictured in the Instagram post they put up a while back, and I really like it that way.

Looks like they bulk shipped to the US and used a forwarding service stateside, which is probably the right move. My record came packaged like a tank with minimal damage to the mailer (and none to the contents).

073ahG8.jpg

hV6tavQ.jpg

TSR's pack job is one of the best on the market.
Color in color looks fantastic and also matches the theme. As for me I went with the clear one and already started to regret about my choice.

7 hours ago, IndigoHollow said:

TSR's pack job is one of the best on the market.
Color in color looks fantastic and also matches the theme. As for me I went with the clear one and already started to regret about my choice.

Enough people probably complained after the first pressing of "End Of The Ring Wars" had issues with fucked up covers, myself included. A friend of mine had the worst seam splits I've ever seen for a new record. My seams were fucked too, I'm still waiting on a replacement cover which I'm just going to assume will never come. It's fine, I'll live. Someone else on here also had that issue. I think all subsequent pressings have been packaged a lot better.

21 hours ago, prowl20 said:

Enough people probably complained after the first pressing of "End Of The Ring Wars" had issues with fucked up covers, myself included. A friend of mine had the worst seam splits I've ever seen for a new record. My seams were fucked too, I'm still waiting on a replacement cover which I'm just going to assume will never come. It's fine, I'll live. Someone else on here also had that issue. I think all subsequent pressings have been packaged a lot better.

TSR sent me a second jacket with my order of EotRW that you can have if you want. it has the starting of a small seam split at the top of it but otherwise looks good. just DM me if you are interested

Edited by andables

21 hours ago, prowl20 said:

Yeah, the packing/mailer on that was not so good, and the jacket was full on caca butt’d. They did send a replacement though. 

7 hours ago, andables said:

TSR sent me a second jacket with my order of EotRW that you can have if you want. it has the starting of a small seam split at the top of it but otherwise looks good. just DM me if you are interested

Sent you a message. That would be incredible! The splits on mine are like 3 inch + gaping holes. 😩