PO: Appleseed Cast - Mare Vitalis 20th Anniversary Reissue

21 minutes ago, IndigoHollow said:

Statistics on Discogs shows that they shipped only clear w/ blue circle. Other variants were shipped partly or not at all

Statistics on discogs? Are you sure you're just not realizing the blue in clear sold out the fastest so it will be the most owned?

1 hour ago, Shelby American said:

Statistics on discogs? Are you sure you're just not realizing the blue in clear sold out the fastest so it will be the most owned?

How the purchase speed correlates with the number of copies in people's collections if 3 of 5 variants were sold out fast?  Other two now sold out as well.

Here are my thoughts. Pay attention to the last column:

spacer.png

TSR's account wrote that clear variant wasn't shipped due to a defect. I assume that Discogs users who "own" 2% of the clear vinyl just pre-ordered it but don't have them physically. Other variants (except of clear with blue) have similar statistics. That's why I assumed that they were not shipped.

Edited by IndigoHollow

1 minute ago, IndigoHollow said:

How the purchase speed correlates with the number of copies in people's collections if three of 5 variants were sold out fast?  Other two now sold out as well.

Here are my thoughts. Pay attention to the last column:

spacer.png

TSR's account wrote that clear variant wasn't shipped due to a defect. I assume that Discogs users who "own" 2% of the clear vinyl just pre-ordered it but don't have them physically. Other 3 variant except of clear with blue have similar statistics. That's why I assumed that they were not shipped.

You have to understand the variant that sells fastest will be to the variant nerds like us who are on top of the game buy and post about owning on a record collecting website first. Clear hasn't shipped because of a defect but the two retail variants are on shelves and the band variant got shipped this/next week.

A good example, the teal pressing of Ring Wars has 200 copies with 129 accounted for on discogs. The dark green 2nd pressing is also sold out but only has like 60 copies listed as owned out of 250 total because the owners are less likely to post on discogs after obtaining a more "casual" pressing that was easier to obtain.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received the coke bottle clear and clear variants of these two today. They left Germany on Feb 8. Each was in perfect shape: records inside gatefold with a (really awesome) cardboard insert sandwiching them together INSIDE a sealed bubble wrap bag. This was then packaged in a ridiculous folded over, glued flap mailer. 

Honestly it was like opening a gag Xmas present that quadruple packaged.

The cardboard stiffeners were cool because they were pre-cut to pop out the center to fit a 7". Thought that was pretty smart.

TL;DR- Your records should arrive just fine.

22 hours ago, copelandkid said:

i got a bandcamp shipping notification for the band variant of this on 1/29, anyone get theirs in yet? wondering if that's a "label printed" notification or just media mail being reduced to a crawl yet again

I got a message saying it will go out a few weeks ago. Haven’t gotten any update since. 

22 hours ago, copelandkid said:

i got a bandcamp shipping notification for the band variant of this on 1/29, anyone get theirs in yet? wondering if that's a "label printed" notification or just media mail being reduced to a crawl yet again

I sent them an email today. same thing, no tracking or any updates since then. Media mail hasn't been too bad recently. 

1 hour ago, museummouth said:

I sent them an email today. same thing, no tracking or any updates since then. Media mail hasn't been too bad recently. 

if you hear back, would love to know what the score is! moving this week and not sure whether to bug them about an address change. have forwarding set up in either case, though i don't know how trustworthy that service is...

I tried to be patient with Ring Wars when it came out but I saw no traction for a month and I ordered the first press from thirtysomething, fired off an email and got a prompt reply it was "getting shipped tomorrow" they created a label but didn't ship it for another few days. I would recommend emailing them to grease the wheel.

40 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I tried to be patient with Ring Wars when it came out but I saw no traction for a month and I ordered the first press from thirtysomething, fired off an email and got a prompt reply it was "getting shipped tomorrow" they created a label but didn't ship it for another few days. I would recommend emailing them to grease the wheel.

I emailed them yesterday. We’ll see if I get any response this week. 

Received an email from Chris directly today. Said there was an issue with Stamps.com misbilling them that tied up a lot of money. Had to wait for a reimbursment to repurchase postage. Shipping out this week. Suggests to me that the original shipment notification/tracking in January has been rendered void by that issue with Stamps.com. And sounds like we'll have the records in hand soon!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, armsanddanger said:

Any US distros got copies of this?

I haven’t found one. I ended up buying a copy from Green Hell. Despite being well packed, my copy came with a pretty good crush on the bottom right corner. Was tough to get the records out because of the ripples in the jacket. Looks great otherwise.