PO NOW: DEFTONES- Ohms (9/25)

Around The Fur>White Pony>Adrenaline> ST>Diamond Eyes>Koi> Saturday Night Wrist>Gore

Keep in mind that my real interest in the band was up to and including ST with probably about 15 live shows between 97 and 03ish. Musical tastes changed over time but I can still get into ATF and White Pony without issue . Diamond Eyes is a strong highlight of their catalog but past my extreme fan stages of band. Easily the best album of the later era of their career

29 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

The amount of disrespect for SNW is upsetting. Did Pink Cellphone really rub that many people the wrong way that they write off the rest of the album? 

Would kill for some new Crosses. The CD for it remains one of the few non digital albums I always have in rotation in my car. 

Wouldn't mind some new Team Sleep and/or a proper pressing of Team Sleep's album either. 

I’m with you; SNW is criminally underrated to me.  S/T has some gems and flows well, but SNW is so solid that not even a comically-lewd interlude an interlewd or a Serj Tankian feature can drag it down.

And yes.  It’s a travesty that Team Sleep hasn’t been pressed on vinyl.

greasy filthy hand jobs in truck stop restrooms hot carling all over the place hot carling I turned that into a verb i hope you appreciate it Hot Carling Academy It's a school where you go to learn how to butt fuck they don't have blow jobs there because they are uncircumcised and that is just disgusting so they have to butt fuck which is also disgusting because that extra foreskin traps all the germs and the poop, and the butt fucking residue within

and that is why british people have bad teeth, amen

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I’m with you; SNW is criminally underrated to me.  S/T has some gems and flows well, but SNW is so solid that not even a comically-lewd interlude an interlewd or a Serj Tankian feature can drag it down.

And yes.  It’s a travesty that Team Sleep hasn’t been pressed on vinyl.

Combat --> Kimdracula --> Riviere is probably my favorite three song closer run from them, only in contention from Rosemary --> Goon Squad --> What Happened to You?.   Plus Rats! Rats! Rats! has to be their best balls to wall heavy song. 

The Woodstock Sessions pressing I've heard sounds alright but a proper 2xLP pressing of the album itself is up their for me in dream pressings. 

Edited by dapeebs

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

Around The Fur>White Pony>Adrenaline> ST>Diamond Eyes>Koi> Saturday Night Wrist>Gore

Keep in mind that my real interest in the band was up to and including ST with probably about 15 live shows between 97 and 03ish. Musical tastes changed over time but I can still get into ATF and White Pony without issue . Diamond Eyes is a strong highlight of their catalog but past my extreme fan stages of band. Easily the best album of the later era of their career

this is almost my exact opinion.

snw and gore aren't like straight up bad, but i don't feel like i get anything from those albums that i can't get better elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Justinadamk said:

can you post a picture of this? It's not even listed on Discogs, but would love to add it to the wantlist - https://www.discogs.com/Team-Sleep-Team-Sleep/master/113871

There is no vinyl version of this. Hopefully one day though.

15 hours ago, Rip said:

Just gonna throw this out there:  I miss †††

Love that album so much.  Maybe more than any Deftones album.

14 hours ago, dapeebs said:

The amount of disrespect for SNW is upsetting. Did Pink Cellphone really rub that many people the wrong way that they write off the rest of the album? 

SNW is great.  I actually really dig Pink Cellphone, the appendix made me laugh.  But for the purpose of not interrupting the flow I took the WAV and clipped off the end so I can listen with it's appendix removed.

So, if you AHA that new song it's identified as 'Urantia'. Named after The Urantia Book: a spiritual, philosophical, and religious book that originated in Chicago. If its being ID'd should be really close to an announcement. 

Unsubstantiated gossip time: There's another 3-5 songs that got out. Chino was the one to intentionally leak Urantia (and the others?) on a mixlr stream.

6 hours ago, justin_cole12 said:

I need to hear this story lol

So its just a standard in store signing. I was getting to the front of the line i was getting photo ready when an employee jumps in and says no pictures. I say okay then immediately take a selfie. Just look at my mans facespacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Deftones just blacked out their social media. Deftones.com is updated and teasing OHMS (ohms is named in the URL after signup).

If you sign up for the mailing list some kind of Braille/dot puzzle is shown after. Looks like 09/25 might be the album release date too.

Edited by Kanellos

4 minutes ago, Kanellos said:

Deftones just blacked out their social media. Deftones.com is updated and teasing OHMS (ohms is named in the URL after signup).

If you sign up for the mailing list some kind of Braille/dot puzzle is shown after. Looks like 09/25 might be the album release date too.

New album or Black Stallion ?