PO NOW: DEFTONES- Ohms (9/25)

9 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Any other releases you have off the top of your head with a similar package?  I don’t see it too often but there’s something about it that really works for me too.

The limited edition version of The Amulet by Circa Survive first came to mind, sans zine and crystal clear vinyl of course.

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Any other releases you have off the top of your head with a similar package?  I don’t see it too often but there’s something about it that really works for me too.

That Jack White vault Boarding House comes to mind. Also that ^ amulet version, but I dig the fact that it's a BUNCH of iridescent dots. Also grabbed an indie because why not?

Sorry, I meant specifically with clear vinyl, yeah.  I own a handful of LPs with reflective jackets, and they’re all beauts, but something about a crystal clear record to accompany them is just the cherry on top, like Fowty said.

That Circa jacket is great though.  And I’d 100% buy another copy of Converge’s TDIU if it was repressed on clear, for sure.

3 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

The photos look different on their site, but it wouldn't surprise me since I spent an extra $20 on it 😆

It would be filthy marketing... but also so reliant on our assumptions, as consumers, that I’d be a little salty but ultimately impressed.  Vinyl enthusiasts, probably more than most, would be prone to reading between the lines or “filling in dots” (🥴) that aren’t really there.  Hoping to own something special and exclusive but truly just pissing away $20.

But at least we’ll have our zine.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Oh I was keeping up with the thread in real-time.

I saw the post you speak of.

But I wonder why you didn’t quote that one.

Since it would’ve made much more sense.

Don’t get sassy if you’re not really proficient with using a forum in the first place.  Cool.

You’re also getting a zine which totally justifies that price jump. 😉

Nah I just think your dad shouted at you this morning and you gotta get that angst out on here.

It's ok bro, we here 4 u.