PO NOW: DEFTONES- Ohms (9/25)

Clear version w/ zine now up on the Deftones Warner Bros. UK store [£29.99] : https://deftones.warnerartists.net/uk/ohms-exclusive-vinyl-lp-zine.html

T-Shirt and Hat Bundles too : https://deftones.warnerartists.net/uk/ 

Rough Trade UK also has Indie Gold version available [always handy as they charge when they ship / ready for collection, not when order is placed] : https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/deftones/ohms

Edited by strangers

lol its cheaper to order the clear from the UK site than the US one 

Nevermind the google conversion isnt even close to what the paypal conversion is. I dont know why the paypal cost is $52 when everywhere else says the conversion is $44

Edited by JohnMatrix

Feeling good about my purchase on the Gold, was able to get a 50% off too with Bullmoose Buckz™ 😙

And like others in here have said, my touchpoint for the foil cover is the Circa Survive release from a few years back.
I own it, it looks very nice, but it was pressed in super high volumes, and didn't end up feeling any more special to me than my tour variant did.

That being said, I am sure its going to end up looking sick, if they were the same-ish price I would have gone clear+foil without a doubt. 

I think this one is going to be all about the tunes, and any version should have that in spades.

12 minutes ago, Spintheblackcircle said:

I struggle with the idea of context.  Instead of just correcting my post or admitting it, I’m gonna’ double down.  I’m in too deep.

Cool.  Well done.

11 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Have a feeling that BM is going to oversell and cancel on me. 

Has this been more of a thing lately?  I recall it happening with blue OK Computer copies, and more recently a Sufjan Stevens 12”, I think.  More accurate inventory is probably the 1 spot for improvement on their end, in my opinion.

Just now, Derek™ said:

Cool.  Well done.

Has this been more of a thing lately?  I recall it happening with blue OK Computer copies, and more recently a Sufjan Stevens 12”, I think.  More accurate inventory is probably the 1 spot for improvement on their end, in my opinion.

Congrats on having autism.

2 minutes ago, Spintheblackcircle said:

Congrats on having autism.

Hey. Cut it with the ableism. You got a temporary ban for making jokes about domestic violence, said that "dumb sluts" had it coming, and other trolling comments. This is just as bad. We didn't forget. @Shitty Rambo  @jhulud

1 minute ago, V3XED said:

didn't end up feeling any more special to me than my tour variant did.

That being said, I am sure its going to end up looking sick, if they were the same-ish price I would have gone clear+foil without a doubt. 

I think this one is going to be all about the tunes, and any version should have that in spades.

Honestly, rarity and exclusiveness has taken such a backseat in the factors I consider for making a vinyl purchase in 2020.  Like many others, I’m sure, I’ve been buying records for so long that I just don’t feel the need to own the most coveted or limited edition of every single release.  Since I buy records for my enjoyment and with the intent to keep — not at all to suggest this is untrue for you — I’m far more interested in whatever appeals to me, most.  Often times that coincides with the most expensive or limited edition, since labels and marketing teams know what they’re doing.  But in the case of this release... I would’ve been over the moon if the indie version was clear, no zine.  Personal value is always going to outweighs resale value and I’ll never understand people who feel obligated to buy a rarer variant despite it being a less attractive option.  Just to prove fandom, I guess.  I don’t think this post is to argue with what you’ve said, nor critique your logic.  I think the run of clear copies is going to be a massive one, and I don’t think I’m a bigger Deftones fan than anyone who opted for a black or gold copy.

Obvious agreement with the music taking the utmost priority and [hopefully] sounding the same regardless of the press.

4 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

Hey. Cut it with the ableism. You got a temporary ban for making jokes about domestic violence, said that "dumb sluts" had it coming, and other trolling comments. This is just as bad. We didn't forget. @Shitty Rambo  @jhulud

This was the same kid?  Seems like a really solid and levelheaded individual.  A real contribution to society.  Glad he’s allowed to bless us with his posts again.

10 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Cool.  Well done.

Happened only once. Was that Better Oblivion single. I just noticed that it sold out within an hour of my purchase. Also I'm a negative Nancy.

4 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

Give me that ban bro, make yourself feel super important. 

25 minutes ago, JohnMatrix said:

lol its cheaper to order the clear from the UK site than the US one 

Nevermind the google conversion isnt even close to what the paypal conversion is. I dont know why the paypal cost is $52 when everywhere else says the conversion is $44

paypal adds on a 4% currency conversion fee. if your card issuer has a more equitable conversion fee (mine levies none at all!), then you can circumvent the surcharge that way

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

This was the same kid?  Seems like a really solid and levelheaded individual.  A real contribution to society.  Glad he’s allowed to bless us with his posts again.

Like you remember...

You literally quoted being a pedantic pos when I was giving another guy the heads up for a preorder.

You are a ballbag.