PO NOW: DEFTONES- Ohms (9/25)

3 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I’ve thought about how I want to listen to the song again all damn day. Must resist the urge to wear out the damn closing track before release...

Hey, at least is the very last song you'll hear each time you play the album. That's gotta account for some measure of wear-out avoidance, right?

5 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Hey, at least is the very last song you'll hear each time you play the album. That's gotta account for some measure of wear-out avoidance, right?

I like your optimism but I don’t skip tracks. Either an album fuckin rips and I’m playing the whole joint front to back or I probably don’t listen to it at all.

2 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I like your optimism but I don’t skip tracks. Either an album fuckin rips and I’m playing the whole joint front to back or I probably don’t listen to it at all.

Yeah, I'm the same way. My point still stands. If you play the shit out of this particular song before the LP is released, its still the song you'll hear the farthest in time away from the time in which you "wore it out" each time you play the album.... Feel what I'm saying? I realize it may not make the implied impact in practice but I think there might be something to the temporal distance principle of what I'm saying. Maybe I'm just crazy.

6 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Yeah, I'm the same way. My point still stands. If you play the shit out of this particular song before the LP is released, its still the song you'll hear the farthest in time away from the time in which you "wore it out" each time you play the album.... Feel what I'm saying? I realize it may not make the implied impact in practice but I think there might be something to the temporal distance principle of what I'm saying. Maybe I'm just crazy.

I’m just gonna not listen to it anymore even though I want to really bad. Zero will power for buying the $40 LP... but extreme resolve for not listening to the singles more than 1-2 times.

Thank god this isn’t a 2 month preorder. I’m sure with how miserable 2020 has been the time will fly!

Just now, dantheriver said:

I’m just gonna not listen to it anymore even though I want to really bad. Zero will power for buying the $40 LP... but extreme resolve for not listening to the singles more than 1-2 times.

Thank god this isn’t a 2 month preorder. I’m sure with how miserable 2020 has been the time will fly!

True that. I'm super happy they waited til it was just a month away before making the announcement. Makes it feel so much easier than wondering about it for 3 to 6 months

I think the song is great. I’m going to VERY cautiously use the cliche term “back to basics” on this one. Not sure if it’s the band, or Terry Date, or both but they managed to sound fresh and stripped down (maybe even youthful!) a bit at the same time. It could be a little more if, like others have said, there is more to the end as the riffs start again and the song does end abruptly. Still, very happy I ordered the clear with the metallic cover. I was waffling for a while as I wasn’t sure how much I liked it at first. Cant wait to hear more from the album. 

4 hours ago, Velocity of Sound said:

I didnt check it out, but Deftones posted a “Story” saying you can stream OHMS on Spotify. 

If only there was a way you could click on this newfangled story thing and see it’s just the single, short of 8 pages of people discussing it 🧐

1 minute ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

If only there was a way you could click on this newfangled story thing and see it’s just the single, short of 8 pages of people discussing it 🧐

I don’t have Spotify, so why would I click a link about Spotify? Just because someone gave you negative vibes in the post above, doesn’t me you have to spread that shit. 

7 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

I don’t have Spotify, so why would I click a link about Spotify? Just because someone gave you negative vibes in the post above, doesn’t me you have to spread that shit. 

Yet again failing to exercise your ability to read, I see. That other post had nothing to do with me, I just chimed in cause you know, that’s what ya do on message boards.

Then again you’re the one who can’t wrap their head around an album and track having the same title, so I can’t say I’m surprised.