PO NOW: DEFTONES- Ohms (9/25)

22 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

couldn't you place a UK order to be safe and then cancel if a US drop happens? i guess i'm asking for myself too, as i'm considering this but don't have any experience with Warner

They're fairly easy to cancel with.  It's about $33 shipped (which isn't terrible for 3 cassettes and a signed art card).  It won't be that much cheaper if it ends up in the US store - maybe a few bucks.

41 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I have a CD cover of Adrenaline signed by the band, back when Chi was around. Got it signed at a local radio station (WAAF)

that's awesome.

a few years ago when I was in Japan, I found a copy of the red White Pony vinyl, signed by the whole band including Chi.

It's currently one of my favorite things I own.

52 minutes ago, NoWorthyIcons said:

https://uproxx.com/indie/chino-moreno-reviews-every-deftones-album-ohms-interview/

Could just be the inner fanboy in me, but the idea that Chino talks about Ohms being a sort of “return to roots” record has me beyond stoked.

52 minutes ago, NoWorthyIcons said:

https://uproxx.com/indie/chino-moreno-reviews-every-deftones-album-ohms-interview/

Could just be the inner fanboy in me, but the idea that Chino talks about Ohms being a sort of “return to roots” record has me beyond stoked.

Every band says this crap this far into their career. 

The single sounds nothing like adrenaline or around the fur

1 hour ago, NoWorthyIcons said:

I don't feel like it's referring to the music. It's more along the lines of how they wrote and Terry Date being involved. 

Edited by Deathbyart

2 minutes ago, Deathbyart said:

I don't feel like it's not referring to the music. It's more along the lines of how they wrote and Terry Date being involved. 

Right, I guess I meant it just sounds like they might be going back to the original mindset of music that came along with hanging out with each other, rather than having the same sound as those records. 

1 hour ago, drewberinger said:

some of the best Deftones songs ever are on this album - it's not so much a return to roots, it's more that the energy and excitement is back. 

I feel Diamond Eyes has that kind of energy. It was the release of all the feelings that went along with the Chi situation and finding the  excitement and energy to get the band back up on its legs.