PO NOW: DEFTONES- Ohms (9/25)

24 minutes ago, nelso330 said:

This track is miles better than Ohms IMO!

also little suprised the deluxe vinyl isnt sold out yet? Guess they pressed a very large amount. 

It's not a deluxe edition. Just a clear pressing with reflective artwork. But yeah it does seem like quite a bit had to have been pressed considering it's still available.

I am holding out on Genesis and waiting til I have the whole album.  But my brother listened & said it’s amazing & then prompted the question “What’s the best Deftones opening track?”.  After erupting into a cold sweat realizing how great literally every Deftones opening track is I settled on this order...

My Own Summer, Feiticeira, Swerve City, Diamond Eyes, Hexagram, Bored, Hole in the Earth, Prayers/Triangles.  I honestly think the first 5 are 1A, 1B, etc and the last 3 are 2A, 2B, 2C lol.  I legit love all those songs.

That’s right, bringing back “Deftones rankings” into the thread.  At least it’s not “RANK THE ALBUMS” again amirite.

21 hours ago, nelso330 said:

also little suprised the deluxe vinyl isnt sold out yet? Guess they pressed a very large amount. 

I’m not that surprised. I’ve been a fan of theirs for 20+ years yet was on the fence for quite some time before I finally caved and bought one. Put in a preorder like two days ago. 

The clear vinyl + reflective cover (+ zine I’ll likely look at once if even that much) are nice but don’t justify the price for me, especially after shipping. But I liked the gold a whole lot less and definitely wanted to pick up a limited variant. 

As far as the songs are concerned, I think “Ohms” is absolutely fantastic, and “Genesis” is quite good as well. Excited for the album release. 

30 minutes ago, hyperg1ant said:

Some people received an email that this was delayed until October 23th, this just for the deluxe variant.

Gold indie exclusive and black vinyl are already out there.

Trying to contact the Deftones store to know something about , but no answer from them 😏

I haven't any link to check the status of my order 😟

1 minute ago, jrodan said:

indeed, but the good news is, one of them will be proven to be an absolute idiot to me in 2 days.

The game is now afoot.

I tend to dodge hyperbole and the dude with the Deftones avatar claiming it’s 10/10 is maybe a smidge dicey.  My money is on Barts, but I’d like to land somewhere in the middle of the two.

Just now, Kanellos said:

This is coming from someone that didnt love Gore.

Promising to hear.  And more credible coming from someone that doesn't just suck the band's dick and call their discography flawless.

This is out in the wild in 320 now, for anyone curious.  I'm snagging it now and planning to blare it after I clear out my afternoon meetings.