PO NOW: DEFTONES- Ohms (9/25)

28 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

BUMMER.

Was going to order this, but I have bought SO MUCH in the past few weeks, and the RSD bill...

Oh well, guess I will eventually buy the classic black from my local shop. 

Honestly, the UK was priced lower, so with the currency conversion it’s around the same price. 
https://deftones.warnerartists.net/uk/ohms-exclusive-vinyl-lp-zine.html

33 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Honestly, the UK was priced lower, so with the currency conversion it’s around the same price. 
https://deftones.warnerartists.net/uk/ohms-exclusive-vinyl-lp-zine.html

Thank you! 😃

The site was murder navigating with my phone, but I was able to get one through with regular shipping for around $47.

SO expensive for a clear LP and a zine, but it looks cool.

10 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Thank you! 😃

The site was murder navigating with my phone, but I was able to get one through with regular shipping for around $47.

SO expensive for a clear LP and a zine, but it looks cool.

Perfect! My USA copy was $46.97 after shipping and tax. 
Im glad you were able to grab one. 

1 hour ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Perfect! My USA copy was $46.97 after shipping and tax. 
Im glad you were able to grab one. 

Ironically, I waited too long for the 180 gram version of Gore, and had to buy a UK pressing from the same site.

Many claimed the European one is the superior pressing.

Makes sense to have the Euro clear vinyl of this filed right next to it. 

Thanks again. 😊

First time through this morning and I was VERY impressed.  It’s such a smooth album from start to finish.  Every song perfectly flows into the next.  The production is jaw-dropping.  A complete 180 from Gore.

You get a little bit of everything here.  Killer atmosphere, head-nodding grooves, blood-curdling shrieks, & banging riffs.  I don’t think I could ask for more.

This will take many listens to fully unravel but I could see it being the best start to finish album they’ve made.  “The Spell of Mathematics” grooves so unbelievably hard.  And “This Link is Dead” fucking riiiips.

Very stoked for repeated listens.

So has anyone here actually received their LP in the mail or picked up in a store yet today?

If so, would you say the LP is more heavy and stiff or more lightweight and flimsy-ish?

One of my locals hasn't gotten any copies yet but had the CD (which I promptly picked up) and my main store I order from hasn't contacted me yet.

Reckless is stocked however. Might have to run down there and grab one to spin tonight if my main place doesn't come through.

21 minutes ago, jhulud said:

A friend of mine sent me some Deftones beers recently...Phantom Bride and White Pony...I am cracking one of each open tonight and listening to Ohms

Had White Pony last night.  Not great, but it honestly coulda been toilet water & I still would have been stoked to have lol.  Good Morning Beautiful was the best ‘tones beer tho.

2 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Had White Pony last night.  Not great, but it honestly coulda been toilet water & I still would have been stoked to have lol.  Good Morning Beautiful was the best ‘tones beer tho.

As of right now...WP is alright...for a 7% IPA it's pretty tame...not as hoppy as I expected. PB is a little tastier and hoppier and living up to the IPA-ness. 

I'd love to try the other ones but they're sold out everywhere since limited runs.

4 minutes ago, jhulud said:

As of right now...WP is alright...for a 7% IPA it's pretty tame...not as hoppy as I expected. PB is a little tastier and hoppier and living up to the IPA-ness. 

I'd love to try the other ones but they're sold out everywhere since limited runs.

Yeah WP tasted a little flat.  Phantom is def solid.  Wish they woulda made an Ohms beer.  Hopefully someday.

37 minutes ago, piratesprayer said:

Anyone order from this place before? Pre-ordered but haven’t heard anything from them. 

https://millsrecordcompany.com/UPC/093624888673

I got my tracking number from these guys 3 days ago. This was my first time doing business with them. 

I finally listened all the way through and I am deeply loving the album. "Urantia" is the only weak track to me. Everything else has several reasons to be lauded. My attempt at a first solid listen from start to finish was thwarted multiple times and I ended up having to have my first full listen at work today. Sucky ambiance but it made the suckiness of work way better by being a "revelation".... or whatever. Cinema snobs love that word to describe anything positive in their critique of a film.

And now I'm deeply regretting missing out on the clear press. Just thought it was too much but between the more ornate alternate cover print and the potential for the LP to be pressed on the real "crystal" clear PVC (my second favorite vinyl "color"), I'm feeling sore. Plus, I'm feeling like the "zine" would make up for the generally pretty minimalist album artwork. I do LOVE the mood and motif of the art that IS there but I really miss the dedicated vivid photography associated with the lyrics to each song like S/T and SNW had. I really wish that had become a regular practice for every album. This album deserves a similar treatment.