PO NOW: DEFTONES- Ohms (9/25)

1 hour ago, Kanellos said:

If you're in the US, Radio Active shows they have it in stock check the OP for a link.

You’re the man! Just placed an order. So excited to have this, I only listened to the first few songs and then decided I needed to do it justice by having the first full listen be on the turntable. 

1 hour ago, nycmale said:

Did they have a silver variant? I though it was clear like the US one. Thanks!!

Sorry, I've probably got this wrong and it is a clear record, but I can't double check as they've deleted the item from the webstore and my order confirmation doesn't mention a colour.

For some reason I just had in my head that it was silver.  

Just now, strangers said:

Sorry, I've probably got this wrong and it is a clear record, but I can't double check as they've deleted the item from the webstore and my order confirmation doesn't mention a colour.

For some reason I just had in my head that it was silver.  

No need to apologize! Thought maybe there was a silver variant I needed to try and pick up. Happy there isnt.  lol 

I just want to say that is all Deftones albums finally come back into print like they had been for years recently, I hope to god that when S/T comes back in print, they decide to do it the justice it deserves and package it with a full color, complete reproduction of the the CD booklet but in a roughly 11x11" or 12x12" size. 

I could pretty much die happy if that would happen. The CD booklet is integral to that album and should be immortalized in the LP size as well. 

EDIT: Same goes for the SNW CD booklet. That shit needs get the same treatment as I mentioned above.

Edited by mcpherson123

40 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I just want to say that is all Deftones albums finally come back into print like they had been for years recently, I hope to god that when S/T comes back in print, they decide to do it the justice it deserves and package it with a full color, complete reproduction of the the CD booklet but in a roughly 11x11" or 12x12" size. 

I could pretty much die happy if that would happen. The CD booklet is integral to that album and should be immortalized in the LP size as well. 

This. I love S/T. Would kill for a really great vinyl treatment.

8 hours ago, mrewest said:

Has Ohms made anyone reevaluate any of their other albums?   I swear to God it made me love SNW more...but KNY less haha.  

I listening to the whole thing on vinyl yesterday after streaming it a bunch of times. It sounded even better on my speakers vs. headphones. That listening experience basically erased every quibble I had and probably cemented Ohms as my second favorite Deftones album. I threw on Gore right afterwards and realized how disjointed and awkward that album is, not to mention the production, which was fatiguing and made it even tougher to get through. I revisited KNY in the past week as well and still love it, but I think Ohms edges it out just a bit. I need to tackle SNW again, that's the one I overlook the most.

On 9/29/2020 at 7:50 AM, Velocity of Sound said:

I’m wondering if these are just warehouse finds? It appears that these are just being sold on Discogs.  CD-Warehouse is selling 15 of the 17 copies available. 

Its looking like the 2020 pressing of the Self Titled LP  used the plates from the 2011 reissue and swopped  the red labels for white labels. 

Edited by Velocity of Sound

21 minutes ago, nothingnatural said:

Did you get any shipping confirmation from them?

Nope, no email or anything. Just showed up. Order page mentions tracking with that Shop app, but not sure if its on there or not.

11 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Has anyone received or seen anything about the signed “art card” from the cassette bundle?  

Someone posted theirs on Reddit today. https://www.reddit.com/r/deftones/comments/j3dod6/cassettes_signed_print_arrived_today/

Just now, Kanellos said:

Nope, no email or anything. Just showed up. Order page mentions tracking with that Shop app, but not sure if its on there or not.

Someone posted theirs on Reddit today. https://www.reddit.com/r/deftones/comments/j3dod6/cassettes_signed_print_arrived_today/

Thanks for the response. I just got my mail today and it popped up so I'm good to go.