PO NOW: DEFTONES- Ohms (9/25)

2 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Yeah, Team Sleep or Palms would have been greatly preferable to Crosses for me.

Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

At least Ohms is one of their best albums of their career.

Yep. 

Ohms is pretty spectacular, gets better and better with each listen. Right now it's ranked somewhere in the middle of their discography in my opinion. Don't think it will top KNY for me personally. But I definitely feel like its going to settle nicely into top three. 

Edited by dapeebs

On 10/15/2020 at 6:12 PM, dapeebs said:

Yep. 

Ohms is pretty spectacular, gets better and better with each listen. Right now it's ranked somewhere in the middle of their discography in my opinion. Don't think it will top KNY for me personally. But I definitely feel like its going to settle nicely into top three. 

Yeah, it pretty much already tops KNY for me. There are a lot of great songs on KNY but there are like 3 on the B-side that just feel uninspired.  It really hurts the overall score for it as an album but I really do love the songs that are good. I feel like "Poltergeist" suffers from a really lackadaisical final vocal take/edit. I just know he could have done that with more feeling but I really love the song itself and the idea of it. Just feels like he phoned in the majority of that vocal for the record. Early live versions were better.

8 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Yeah, it pretty much already tops KNY for me. There are a lot of great songs on KNY but there are like 3 on the B-side that just feel uninspired.  It really hurts the overall score for it as an album but I really do love the songs that are good. I feel like "Poltergeist" suffers from a really lackadaisical final vocal take/edit. I just know he could have done that with more feeling but I really love the song itself and the idea of it. Just feels like he phoned in the majority of that vocal for the record. Early live versions were better.

Might have something to do with KNY being the first record of theirs I listened to in full. But I just find it incredible. My favorite overall atmosphere and guitar work they have had on any of their albums. Also, the run of  Rosemary -> Goon Squad -> What Happened to You? is just stupendous. 

On 10/18/2020 at 1:18 AM, dapeebs said:

Might have something to do with KNY being the first record of theirs I listened to in full. But I just find it incredible. My favorite overall atmosphere and guitar work they have had on any of their albums. Also, the run of  Rosemary -> Goon Squad -> What Happened to You? is just stupendous. 

That tends to happen with the first album you hear by a band that you end up loving. For me its basically all the songs that start with "G" that plague the overall score of the album. It just so happens that those are the tracks that have the least intrigue of all the tracks. So Goon Squad really fucks the flow between two of their greatest songs for me.

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

No pre-orders or dates yet right?

Yea, nothing official yet. Word on the street is it will be out this year. I'll start a separate thread once we get a bit more info.

First single should be out this week or next week: 'Knife Prty (Purity Ring Remix)'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=q7vl25Shlt0

2 minutes ago, Kanellos said:

Yea, nothing official yet. Word on the street is it will be out this year. I'll start a separate thread once we get a bit more info.

First single should be out this week or next week: 'Knife Prty (Purity Ring Remix)'

I usually don't care much for remix albums but this one seems wild and I can't help but be a little interested in it.

Rumor has it that it's releasing in November which kind of aligns with the teasers starting to pop up.

36 minutes ago, Kanellos said:

Can you update this thread when the dates are released, in case I miss the other one. 🙂

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

Can you update this thread when the dates are released, in case I miss the other one. 🙂

1 hour ago, Kanellos said:

https://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/142011-po-deftones-white-pony-x-black-stallion/

Edited by archiced

4 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHYKpxInDBA/?igshid=mkubaq8wqkw1

New song and visual this weekend through Adult Swim Festival

According to their Insta this should be one of the new remixes from Black Stallion. I'd throw this in that reissue thread for that if anything. Stoked to hear it though. Knife Party remix is great.

Edited by dapeebs

3 hours ago, bjorn said:

I completely agree, every time I play it I notice some amazing moment I missed before. It's probably my favorite record by anyone this year, and there have been some really good ones.

Yeah the first 3 weeks or so of constantly replaying it in my car and on the turntable had me discovering new aspects every few listens. I might be past that now as a greater level of familiarization sets in but I'm sure at a slower rate I'll keep hearing new things for years to come. There's a lot happening all throughout the album. The aggressive parts of the verses of The Spell of Mathematics give me life and I'll never forget where I was when just how much they slayed me really sunk in for me. I'm sure I'll have more moments like that to come but that was powerful as fuck.