PO NOW: DEFTONES- Ohms (9/25)

30 minutes ago, bartsisgod said:

This is the leak from ohms apparently

Yep that's it. 

22 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Warning: it’s not just bad quality, it’s terrible quality. Will wait for a real single release.

This. I would highly recommend everyone avoiding it until studio quality is released. 

Edited by Kanellos

Instead of caving on that single I've opted to revisit Gore this morning.  Are we all done pretending this album is anything less than fantastic?  Not VC specifically, but I feel like a ton of people were shitting on it when it was released.  It's not their best record to date but I think it's super consistent and aged nicely.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Instead of caving on that single I've opted to revisit Gore this morning.  Are we all done pretending this album is anything less than fantastic?  Not VC specifically, but I feel like a ton of people were shitting on it when it was released.  It's not their best record to date but I think it's super consistent and aged nicely.

Yeah no.  It's still the second to worst in my personal ranking, worst being Adrenaline.

2 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Crap - did the band announce this recently? Super bummed 😪

I believe it was in the Touché thread where someone confirmed that the band is waiting to release a new album until they can tour again.  So, yeah.  It may be a while if they stick to those guns.  A long while.

10 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I am always on the right side of history https://chorus.fm/reviews/deftones-gore/

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Gore > S/T, no dispute for me.  Every other album I could easily see someone making a case for.  Agree that Adrenaline is bottom of the barrel for me, too.

For me the full ranking is:  Diamond Eyes > Koi No Yokan > White Pony > Around The Fur > S/T > Saturday Night Wrist > Gore > Adrenaline

And everything I'd say I enjoy to some degree except Gore and Adrenaline.  They only get listened to when I do a full discography listen.

32 minutes ago, daegor said:

For me the full ranking is:  Diamond Eyes > Koi No Yokan > White Pony > Around The Fur > S/T > Saturday Night Wrist > Gore > Adrenaline

And everything I'd say I enjoy to some degree except Gore and Adrenaline.  They only get listened to when I do a full discography listen.

Fuck it, let’s go!

White Pony, Diamond Eyes, S/T, Koi, ATF, Gore, SNW, Adrenaline.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Gore > S/T, no dispute for me.  Every other album I could easily see someone making a case for.  Agree that Adrenaline is bottom of the barrel for me, too.

I need to revisit Gore but for me S/T is freaking great. It’s got some absolute jams on it. 

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Phantom Bride is one of their best ever songs and I will die on this hill.

46 minutes ago, Skacel said:

Fuck it, let’s go!

White Pony, Diamond Eyes, S/T, Koi, ATF, Gore, SNW, Adrenaline.

White Pony, Adrenaline, Around the Fur, s/t, Saturday Night Wrist, Diamond Eyes, Koi No Yokai, Gore. 

I definitely appreciate the newer stuff, but the first four albums is where it’s at for me. I remember being really impressed with Diamond Eyes when it came out though. 

Edited by Jim Steele

1 minute ago, Jim Steele said:

White Pony, Adrenaline, Around the Fur, s/t, Saturday Night Wrist, Diamond Eyes, Koi No Yokai, Gore. 

I definitely appreciate the newer stuff, but the first four albums is where it’s at for me. I remember being really impressed with Diamond Eyes when it came out though. 

I almost wonder if some of those opinions is based of the person's age. As someone who saw them play in support of Adrenaline because I am old.. I can't imagine placing Gore in front.