PO: Conditions - Fluorescent Youth | 10yr Anniversary Pressing [2nd Press Available]

8 hours ago, siberiankiss said:

My orange copy arrived today. The tri-color I ordered from amazon however, still says ‘order received’. Hopefully they honor it.

Maybe they aren't ready yet? Cause I got my orange and my tri hasn't shipped (via GF).  Cause the release date isn't til Sept. 18th, and then Nov. for the second pressing. Maybe we just got orange really early. 

Edited by Sad Heart

20 minutes ago, tokimedo said:

Finally getting a chance to sit down and spin my orange copy... sounds decent, but there’s little to NONE low end. Wish this hit a little harder on the bass frequencies. 

other than that, 3 songs in and no qualms 

I’m gonna blast that shit tomorrow. 

20 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

I’m gonna blast that shit tomorrow. 

Just finished it. It’s a great spin.... so much fucking nostalgia from when I was in college (I went to VCU, went to high school in NOVA and lived in Richmond for a good handful of years there during school). Oddly some tracks seem to be mixed differently than others because the low end on Illuminati bumps vs little to none on end of progression.  Maybe I need to give it a few more listens. either way, I am way way stoked to have this on vinyl. 

Funny enough, my high school band recorded our EP with paul leavitt (he’s a G - we tracked our drums at Matt Squires studio while he was recording between the heart by TREOS... fun fact) back in like 2004/2005, and he’s the one that remixed and remastered this record for the vinyl pressing lol 

the bonus tracks are a nice touch though. 

Edited by tokimedo

20 minutes ago, tokimedo said:

Just finished it. It’s a great spin.... so much fucking nostalgia from when I was in college (I went to VCU, went to high school in NOVA and lived in Richmond for a good handful of years there during school). Oddly some tracks seem to be mixed differently than others because the low end on Illuminati bumps vs little to none on end of progression.  Maybe I need to give it a few more listens. either way, I am way way stoked to have this on vinyl. 

Funny enough, my high school band recorded our EP with paul leavitt (he’s a G - we tracked our drums at Matt Squires studio while he was recording between the heart by TREOS... fun fact) back in like 2004/2005, and he’s the one that remixed and remastered this record for the vinyl pressing lol 

the bonus tracks are a nice touch though. 

That’s what’s up. I was friends with all those dudes. Did their photography (live primarily) for about a decade. Paul mixed the EP, FY, You Are Forgotten EP, and the Missing Hours EP, so I was glad to hear he was going to be the one taking care of the vinyl pressing. As far as the low end, I always feel like they kept the bass too low. Corey has such a good tone but it wasn’t their “sound” at least when it came to the studio releases. I could always hear him live and we’d talk about how I loved his tone, and how well it kept everything together. Illuminati was always my favorite of theirs. I remember hearing Conditions do their version of it for the first time and got so exited. I have a bunch of demos, FIAD stuff, and unreleased stuff if you ever want to hear it. It’s on my hard drive somewhere. 

Excited to get the tri and splatter in. I got two copies of the Orange. I’m gonna keep them all sealed except one of the Orange variants as a listening copy. I never do that, but given these are my dudes, and it’s not getting pressed again, I want to keep them as “archive” copies. Hoping other stuff gets pressed. 

(I also emailed Merch Now about combined shipping - they don’t do it. I also asked why Good Fight doesn’t do media mail (other MerchNow stores do) and never got a reply.) 

5 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

That’s what’s up. I was friends with all those dudes. Did their photography (live primarily) for about a decade. Paul mixed the EP, FY, You Are Forgotten EP, and the Missing Hours EP, so I was glad to hear he was going to be the one taking care of the vinyl pressing. As far as the low end, I always feel like they kept the bass too low. Corey has such a good tone but it wasn’t their “sound” at least when it came to the studio releases. I could always hear him live and we’d talk about how I loved his tone, and how well it kept everything together. Illuminati was always my favorite of theirs. I remember hearing Conditions do their version of it for the first time and got so exited. I have a bunch of demos, FIAD stuff, and unreleased stuff if you ever want to hear it. It’s on my hard drive somewhere. 

Excited to get the tri and splatter in. I got two copies of the Orange. I’m gonna keep them all sealed except one of the Orange variants as a listening copy. I never do that, but given these are my dudes, and it’s not getting pressed again, I want to keep them as “archive” copies. Hoping other stuff gets pressed. 

(I also emailed Merch Now about combined shipping - they don’t do it. I also asked why Good Fight doesn’t do media mail (other MerchNow stores do) and never got a reply.) 

Haha yeah the same high school band I mentioned played shows with FIAD. Also, I was just thinking about how I really preferred the older versions of some of the songs, especially keeping pace with planes. I don’t have those anymore, so id love to take you up on that offer. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, MyckelJay said:

Ordered the trim-color on Amazon. Woke up to an email asking to confirm that I still want it because it was delayed. Of course I do.

I was hoping they'd at least ship by today, considering today is the street date. Bummer.

Got the same email. Really hope that means they didn't sell out before they got their copies in. 

On 9/5/2020 at 9:53 PM, Sad Heart said:

My random connection to the band is I bought their tour van after they broke up when my band's van shit out in the middle of a tour. Alex was super nice and I still have the van.

3 hours ago, nevelsaynevels said:

My random connection to the band is I bought their tour van after they broke up when my band's van shit out in the middle of a tour. Alex was super nice and I still have the van.

Haha that's rad! I've slept in that van many a times. Small world. Small van. 

On 9/18/2020 at 9:22 AM, nevelsaynevels said:

Got the same email. Really hope that means they didn't sell out before they got their copies in. 

I actually see people with the tricolor posting to Instagram. So I'm assuming Amazon was probably never actually gonna get these or they sold out too soon? Maybe they'll end up sending the second pressing or maybe we'll get lucky. Guess we'll see.

Edited by MyckelJay

On 9/5/2020 at 9:53 PM, Sad Heart said:

I’ve been looking for that FIAD stuff for years!  If you still have the stuff on your hard drive and wouldn’t mind sending em my way hit me up.  I’d really appreciate it

6 minutes ago, NovaRecords said:

I’ve been looking for that FIAD stuff for years!  If you still have the stuff on your hard drive and wouldn’t mind sending em my way hit me up.  I’d really appreciate it

Give this a go. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sstsGFt_Gt3UOalzPiptzeAdthdBmhhp/view?usp=drivesdk

I’ve kept the files on my drive for years but it should work fine. 

44 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Give this a go. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sstsGFt_Gt3UOalzPiptzeAdthdBmhhp/view?usp=drivesdk

I’ve kept the files on my drive for years but it should work fine. 

Tried to open, it’s a blank file though 🤷‍♂️ I appreciate you trying to send them though!  I love hearing those versions of songs that eventually ended up on the Conditions eps.  I’m a sucker for the FIAD version of A Knight In Shining Amore with Jason on vocals.

51 minutes ago, NovaRecords said:

Tried to open, it’s a blank file though 🤷‍♂️ I appreciate you trying to send them though!  I love hearing those versions of songs that eventually ended up on the Conditions eps.  I’m a sucker for the FIAD version of A Knight In Shining Amore with Jason on vocals.

I re-zipped it. Try this: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GIFVp8axgCHDpvYr_A01ECo68pjmJiSI?usp=sharing

On 9/18/2020 at 9:22 AM, nevelsaynevels said:

My local record store has two tri-color copies if you are looking:

https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/products/b-conditions-b-br-i-fluorescent-youth-colored-vinyl-i?_pos=2&_sid=509edd39a&_ss=r