[PO] Marilyn Manson - WE ARE Chaos

I haven't opened my deluxe version, but it looks to be in fine condition...

On a side note, when did the "NEVER-ENDING ASTRAL VAMPIRE PICTUREDISC" variant pop up?  I saw (and ordered) the "INFINITE DARKNESS PICTUREDISC" (also delivered in fine condition), but I don't recall seeing the other one.

Edited by harryq

9 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

I got my deluxe in. Came flawless and looks great. A little confused why the 7” jacket is like sealed though? I had to razor blade the top to undo the flap to get the disk out. Anybody else?

If I remember, the original listing said 'destroy to open' as a part of the description, much like the Fight Club soundtrack I guess.  Not sure why they decided to do that with the 7" though.

23 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

If I remember, the original listing said 'destroy to open' as a part of the description, much like the Fight Club soundtrack I guess.  Not sure why they decided to do that with the 7" though.

Yeah. Destroy to open. NiN did a box years back that was plexiglass and came with a hammer to break it open.

1 hour ago, deftbarley said:

New picture disc variant. Doesn't appear to be limited to 1k like the others.

https://marilynmanson.lomavistarecordings.com/products/marilyn-manson-we-are-chaos-snot-eye-picturedisc/

Doesnt say limited in the description but looks like there are less than 400 left in stock and it went up for sale this morning so I am assuming it is a run of 1000 like the other 2 picture discs. 

I'll be happy spending money on a print of that. I absolutely love all the art from this album. But its not picture disc second copy love.

Also while I picked up the pink I did end up getting another album that was that "black ice" variant thats been popping up recently and its kinda neat.

• 4 months later...

I think of my record collection as the closest thing to my diary. I like the main 3 records of his but for what part they played in my life at the time I bought them. Not because of anything the person did on or off the stage. This won't change how those records played into my life at that time. Same with Ryan Adams. The records that meant something to me are between me and the songs. Fuck him. Fuck Ryan Adams. I don't have any desire to let new music from them get into my life now.

Personal life of the artists is a factor, but not the main driving factor for me. I saw him live with Rob Zombie in the early or mid 10s and his performance was definitely lacking. Only time I saw him live after hearing so many great things about his shows in the 90s. Rob Zombie was amazing, seen him twice.

I pre-ordered Zombie's latest album, but not Manson's. Let's just put it that way.

14 minutes ago, SpaceAmbient said:

Personal life of the artists is a factor, but not the main driving factor for me. I saw him live with Rob Zombie in the early or mid 10s and his performance was definitely lacking. Only time I saw him live after hearing so many great things about his shows in the 90s. Rob Zombie was amazing, seen him twice.

I pre-ordered Zombie's latest album, but not Manson's. Let's just put it that way.

Plus 2 of the better Manson members are in Rob Zombie's band now.  John 5 is a top guitar player.