PO Cloud Nothings The Black Hole Understands

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Roandy55 said:

This has leaked, not sure if links are allowed.😇

They are not, just as a heads up.

Also, I’m confused by what you mean when you claim that it “leaked”.  It was released as a Bandcamp exclusive weeks ago, but was also made available on every piracy outlet the day after.

Album is still holding its own and seeing steady rotation over here, too.  I think it’s my favorite “we got bored in quarantine so we recorded this” project I’ve heard so far.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

They are not, just as a heads up.

Also, I’m confused by what you mean when you claim that it “leaked”.  It was released as a Bandcamp exclusive weeks ago, but was also made available on every piracy outlet the day after.

Album is still holding its own and seeing steady rotation over here, too.  I think it’s my favorite “we got bored in quarantine so we recorded this” project I’ve heard so far.

I did suspect as much as I remembered a previous post, actually of yours, on another thread which mentioned an album had leaked but didn't contain a link. I can't say I've been following this closely but happened to come across it on a well known leak site so thought it worth a post. After a couple of spins though it just lacks a bit of an edge for me.

3 minutes ago, Roandy55 said:

I did suspect as much as I remembered a previous post, actually of yours, on another thread which mentioned an album had leaked but didn't contain a link. I can't say I've been following this closely but happened to come across it on a well known leak site so thought it worth a post. After a couple of spins though it just lacks a bit of an edge for me.

As in it doesn't bite as hard as some of their other stuff?  I'd agree.  I think it's An Average World that contains the 1 moment on the album that sort of flirts with the idea of being monstrous or noisy.  But I thought I read something in advance – before they made the album available – that suggested it was going to be a lot more upbeat and catchy.  I wasn't blown away by it on the first listen so I'd suggest keeping at it for a bit; if those ear-worms don't wriggle up to the surface and become apparent after 2-3 spins, then I suppose the album just isn't for you.  I've found that it keeps on giving though and eagerly await my physical copy.

• 3 months later...

Damn.  Does that do anything when it’s held to the light?  It’s my understanding that there’s a normal black press of this record out there.  I wonder if your order somehow got swapped?  The variant ended up turning out as more of a “clear with black swirl”, but I suppose it’s possible you just got a press with a ton of black swirl.  The blackest of black holes.

Edited by Derek™

30 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

The weird streak is on every Galaxy variant I own. Definitely must be some sort of process to the effect. 

I think its a result of pouring the pellets in to mix them. Definitely present on every galaxy variant and apparently a bad idea to mix clear with black haha. I bet it looks cool with a transparent color instead of black.

20 minutes ago, Shelby American said:

I think its a result of pouring the pellets in to mix them. Definitely present on every galaxy variant and apparently a bad idea to mix clear with black haha. I bet it looks cool with a transparent color instead of black.

Rereading my comment, it sounded a little weird, but meant totally what you said. 

I mean, just with a lot of effects, things are going to change over a run of 50-15000. There are going to be "better looking" records that come over time with certain runs, but it's all humans doing these things, so that in itself is still fucking cool and has room for "error" or whatever. But yeah, I feel ya haha. 

Edited by MyEnemy

1 hour ago, MyEnemy said:

Rereading my comment, it sounded a little weird, but meant totally what you said. 

I mean, just with a lot of effects, things are going to change over a run of 50-15000. There are going to be "better looking" records that come over time with certain runs, but it's all humans doing these things, so that in itself is still fucking cool and has room for "error" or whatever. But yeah, I feel ya haha. 

I laughed to myself when I read your post and realized other people notice patterns in variants like that. That type of variant has had that streak thing ever since they introduced them as "starburst"s. I wonder if the candy issued them a c&d to get them to start saying galaxy instead.

2 hours ago, Shelby American said:

I laughed to myself when I read your post and realized other people notice patterns in variants like that. That type of variant has had that streak thing ever since they introduced them as "starburst"s. I wonder if the candy issued them a c&d to get them to start saying galaxy instead.

Not only being a collector, but also working with records for years, I’ve become a fucking maniac. But yeah, I’ve been a freak about that type of shit for years. You have so much, you notice that, and is what it is.

But I never put two and two with both of those effects until now. Pretty astute and accurate observation. At the very least someone said “Gotta mix clear with opaque” and some else said “we’ve already been doing that for years”

Edited by MyEnemy