PO: Honorary Astronaut - EP001 (The Dear Hunter/Casey Crescenzo solo project)

From Casey - 

"Hi everyone. I made a thing that isn't The Dear Hunter. Don't fret, though. I can explain. While I have been diligently at work on the newest TDH project(s), it became clear earlier this year that we would need to rethink the schedule we had in place. While this offered additional time to craft and nurture these projects, it also meant more time to spend within a holding pattern, surrounded by unfinished art. This feeling is difficult for me to cope with, as I had grown accustomed to the consistency of releasing new music every 1-2 years. The gestation period for this current project was already uncharacteristically long, due to a number of reasons, but the addition of this indeterminate state off suspended animation wore on me, and I felt a stir-craziness that could only really be satiated by seeing something, no matter how small, through from inception to completion. Enter Honorary Astronaut. At first, I planned to unearth and rerecord a few previously unheard demos, but as I transitioned into studio mode, and found myself spending the bulk of my days on this music, I leaned towards making something new. The result is a 5 song ep, written (with the exception of one track from some years ago) and recorded in late spring. I don't know that it would do me good to try and describe it. Not for the sake of it being indescribable, but because- what would the point be? I can just show you. Today, I am sharing the song "Final Dream Machine" with you, via a lyric video created in collaboration with Erez Bader. We hope you enjoy it."

https://www.caveandcanarygoods.com/collections/honoraryastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GcolhLjK1Y

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Justinadamk
adjusted description

39 minutes ago, highfives said:

Casey said they’re looking into adding other shipping options.  Something about their store not being able to tell when the orders exceed media mail limits.

Looks like there are only a few of the pink left outside of bundles.  But there are loads of white.

That would be awesome! Hopefully I'll be able to adjust my order and get a refund of the difference!

welp, by the time media mail shows up, it'll be sold out. pink standalone is already gone. shell out or get out, i guess. fuckin sucks.

gonna hope that white is still in stock but not holding my breath (edit: still 639 white standalone left so there's still hope)

Edited by chamb117

3 hours ago, chamb117 said:

welp, by the time media mail shows up, it'll be sold out. pink standalone is already gone. shell out or get out, i guess. fuckin sucks.

gonna hope that white is still in stock but not holding my breath (edit: still 639 white standalone left so there's still hope)

They’re good about fixing pricing. Just place the order and then send an email asking them to adjust it once it’s fixed. I’ve had to do that with C&CG a few times before. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Vinyl is delayed for this according to an email sent from C&C this morning.  But it is streaming for anyone who wants to listen.

For me, the jury is out on this one.  It'll take several listens to really form an opinion or see if it sticks around in regular rotation.  TDH's All is as All Should Be was pretty fleeting, and this has a lot of similarities on first listen.