PO: Dikembe - Muck

3 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Wow this new brand new record is quite good

I am definitely getting a more 00's "emo" vibe from this more than the emo revival sound that has been present on most of their other material. Which I have to say I enjoy a hell of a lot more. 

Like every other song has an atmospheric build into a solo which I would never have expected. 

I've jammed this handful of times, and I gotta say this record is certainly worthy of the title 'Muck.' It's a really "corroded" and "wet" sounding album, I'm almost getting Strange Wilds vibes from it. This album is also a lot more akin to their Broad Shoulders/Mediumship era stuff in that it's a lot more atmospheric and open. I'm personally a bit disappointed by that because I absolutely loved Hail Something and was hoping this would be a more polished version of that style. Hail Something is very raw and fluid and sounds like a pissed off DIY album from a garage band (because it pretty much is exactly that lol). I don't dislike this, but nothing is really jumping out and kicking me in the cheekbone just yet.

Also RIP Mr. Hooper.

• 1 month later...

"

Unfortunately, we just received word from the vinyl manufacturing plant that the Muck vinyl has been delayed a few months due to a brutal combination of COVID-19 & supply chain issues.

At this point, our best estimate is that Muck vinyl will now ship on or around January 22. If the vinyl happens to arrive sooner than that, we will certainly send it out before this date, but right now it's not a guarantee based on what we know from the manufacturer.

We are deeply sorry for this disappointing news. But rest assured, once we receive the vinyl we'll be packing these puppies up and sending them out to you ASAP!

While we know we can't necessarily make up for the delay, to help make it sting just a little bit less, we'll be including a super special v exclusive goodie from the band that will only be made available to folks that have already pre-ordered the vinyl! This special item will not be made available to the public."

• 1 month later...

https://skeletallightning.com/collections/dikembe-muck/products/dikembe-muck-test-pressing

$125 for a test press

From the newsletter:

What’s up people? Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

We're putting up a limited number of Muck test pressings with 100% of proceeds being donated Grace Marketplace, a vital one-stop resource center for anyone experiencing or at risk of homelessness in the Gainesville, FL area.

They will feature a full color screen printed cover and are limited to just 30 copies. Since they're delicately being made by hand, they are expected to ship around January 11th. 

14 hours ago, N8TRU said:

https://skeletallightning.com/collections/dikembe-muck/products/dikembe-muck-test-pressing

$125 for a test press

From the newsletter:

What’s up people? Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

We're putting up a limited number of Muck test pressings with 100% of proceeds being donated Grace Marketplace, a vital one-stop resource center for anyone experiencing or at risk of homelessness in the Gainesville, FL area.

They will feature a full color screen printed cover and are limited to just 30 copies. Since they're delicately being made by hand, they are expected to ship around January 11th. 

would be nice having and update on when the regular version will ship... was supposed to be shipped by end of october.

2 minutes ago, putol said:

would be nice having and update on when the regular version will ship... was supposed to be shipped by end of october.

The last update email in September said January 22. Still a ways away.

And I know they're not really test pressings but if they were then its kinda normal for them to release first. You seem miffed that thats happening but I might have read you wrong.

1 hour ago, Shelby American said:

The last update email in September said January 22. Still a ways away.

And I know they're not really test pressings but if they were then its kinda normal for them to release first. You seem miffed that thats happening but I might have read you wrong.

thx for the info. the european store didn't send out an e-mail concerning the update, so didn't know about that

and you are right.. test pressings would be first.. I wasn't miffed about the test pressings :)

Edited by putol

• 4 weeks later...

Via SL email 

"

Unfortunately, we just received word from the vinyl manufacturing plant that the Muck vinyl has been delayed a few months due to a brutal combination of COVID-19 & supply chain issues.

At this point, our best estimate is that Muck vinyl will now ship on or around January 22. If the vinyl happens to arrive sooner than that, we will certainly send it out before this date, but right now it's not a guarantee based on what we know from the manufacturer.

We are deeply sorry for this disappointing news. But rest assured, once we receive the vinyl we'll be packing these puppies up and sending them out to you ASAP!

While we know we can't necessarily make up for the delay, to help make it sting just a little bit less, we'll be including a super special v exclusive goodie from the band that will only be made available to folks that have already pre-ordered the vinyl! This special item will not be made available to the public."

Per the email they just sent

Mo (Skelly co-owner/my wife) and I are doing all we can to make sure we're on track to ship all of your pre-orders out by January 22nd. Barring any further delays in manufacturing and/or shipping to Skelly HQ, this still seems likely at this point. If that happens to change for any reason, we will keep you posted. Once the vinyl arrives, our plan is to drop everything and start packing all 400+ orders ASAP. Expect an email with tracking info as soon as your package is shipped out.

I feel like Skeletal Lightning is being over-apologetic  and hard on themselves. I completely understand why it's taking so long and it's okay, especially being a surprise release. And like Dan said, it wouldn't move if they shipped it. Dikembe fans seem pretty chill about it too.

2 hours ago, MacDonals said:

I agree. Maybe we're all desensitized from 2020; lacquer shortage, oversold manufacturing process, etc. We're used to it and know it's not SL's or Dikembe's fault.

We appreciate the understanding a lot! This year has been wild for sure. Last thing we wanna do is disappoint anyone. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...