PO Now: Thou and Emma Ruth Rundle - May Our Chambers Be Full (10/30/20)

rooks

Agreed, there's just a very cool mix of sounds and styles happening. I get some Alice in Chains vibes, but also heavier Smashing Pumpkins, especially during some of the guitar solos. At the same time the entire thing feels very fresh and unique, they managed to capture the best of both worlds. My only quibble... what's with the lead vocals on Monolith? Not sure who this is, and in isolation it's not bad, but it feels out of place to have a third vocalist pop up on the second track.

5 hours ago, bjorn said:

what's with the lead vocals on Monolith? Not sure who this is, and in isolation it's not bad, but it feels out of place to have a third vocalist pop up on the second track.

That’s KC, the guitarist. She does vocals on The Hammer. The vocals on that song don’t quite hit the spot for me, I think it’s just the way they’re being sung, but she’s done good on other tracks 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, rooks said:

So turns out the Die Hard is May Our Chambers Be Full on one LP (transparent purple) and then a 4 track collection called The Helm of Sorrow on disc 2 (opaque silver). I haven't listened yet but I like having new tracks. Is this a companion EP or something?

OOoOoooh juicy! Can’t wait for mine to arrive.

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, Scruffy...the janitor said:

That must have just updated because I swear it still said March 2021 yesterday. 

I checked it back in February and it did say March. Checked again this morning and that’s when I saw April. Pressing plants are so backed up I’ll be surprise if it shows up this month. 

3 hours ago, mouthofinfinity said:

I checked it back in February and it did say March. Checked again this morning and that’s when I saw April. Pressing plants are so backed up I’ll be surprise if it shows up this month. 

Awesome! Yeah, I was still under the impression it was supposed to come out in March. It’s okay, I’m still waiting on a record I ordered back in July 😂 it’ll come when it comes  

• 2 weeks later...