AIC - Facelift repress

3 hours ago, larshj said:

Just watched the last Facelift anniversary video on the AIC FB page - looks like the box will contain the album on vinyl and casette, 80 page book, poster, prints, laminate plus more. So from the looks of that video, not much extra audio as I would assume this would be a selling point.

Not really deal breaker coz we got the Music Bank demos, but pretty sure there's a lot more from that era.  I'm sure they coulda found more. Totally in for this tho. Been waiting far too long this!

7 minutes ago, faaip de oiad said:

Not really deal breaker coz we got the Music Bank demos, but pretty sure there's a lot more from that era.  I'm sure they coulda found more. Totally in for this tho. Been waiting far too long this!

I was really hoping it would get a Third Man Records Vault type treatment. Something along the lines of studio demos / outtakes / b-sides / alt. takes, maybe some of that on a 7", the book, etc. Anything other than music / reading material I see more so as fluff. A slipmat? Nah. A cassette? Lame. Posters, stickers, coloring book, c'mon don't do that to me, AIC. Like what am I gonna do with a reproduction laminate and a print? Does anyone do anything with that stuff besides look at it once, say "hmm", then put it back in the box to never be touched again? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm pretty much gonna buy the thing regardless, but I feel like a lot more could have been done for this. I mean it's the 30yr anniversary of one of the most iconic grunge albums ever. Not really the end of the world or anything, just kinda more so wondering what their thought process was while putting this together. Hopefully it is priced reasonably and the fluff isn't really a price jack and more so just "free" fluff. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, jhulud said:

That box set is all bells and not whistle. Too much fluff indeed for $152. 

Sucks when we waited a couple extra weeks for the announcement too. Maybe if it was $100 I’d say ok, but $152 is not worth it. I’ll go repress for $25. I did just spend $110 on the Sabbath Paranoid Super Deluxe anyway. Haha. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, looks like they decided to just kill the bottom left half of the back and only use the top right. I haven't spun mine yet but let me know what you think about the sound comparison. The collector in me still wants to get an OG copy someday. But for now I'm really happy to be able to spin it finally for just $23.

Grabbed it from my local shop this morning. Accidentally showed up an hour early (thought they opened at 11, they opened at noon) and the owner opened up for me. I guess I’m a regular now. Anyway, happy to pay $3 more than Amazon and support my local shop. Plus it’s dent free. No hate on you @pizza face, I just hate Jeff Bezos. Haha. Excited to spin this to test out my new KEF q350s. 

Edited by Sad Heart

16 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Grabbed it from my local shop this morning. Accidentally showed up an hour early (thought they opened at 11, they opened at noon) and the owner opened up for me. I guess I’m a regular now. Anyway, happy to pay $3 more than Amazon and support my local shop. Plus it’s dent free. No hate on you @pizza face, I just hate Jeff Bezos. Haha. Excited to spin this to test out my new KEF q350s. 

Only reason why I buy from Amazon is because when I make sales at my job, on top of commission checks we get points to buy stuff from a huge catalog of items. They added in giftcards this year so I can cash out 125 points for a $25 Amazon giftcard. I have about 2000 points lol

Just now, pizza face said:

Only reason why I buy from Amazon is because when I make sales at my job, on top of commission checks we get points to buy stuff from a huge catalog of items. They added in giftcards this year so I can cash out 125 points for a $25 Amazon giftcard. I have about 2000 points lol

That’s completely fair. No hate on you or your choice. Besides Bezos’ wealth, I ended up having to return a lot of the records I’ve gotten through them cause odds are they’d be warped.  But if I had those points I’d might reconsider. Haha. 

Just now, Sad Heart said:

That’s completely fair. No hate on you or your choice. Besides Bezos’ wealth, I ended up having to return a lot of the records I’ve gotten through them cause odds are they’d be warped.  But if I had those points I’d might reconsider. Haha. 

Yeah fuck that guy. I rarely order records through them because my main local spot is bullmoose. If it was more damage than a corner bend, I'd return it but I can live with it, plus I'd probably get another copy from them in worse condition if I did lol I know a lot of people that say packages never arrived from amazon and get their money back though haha 

16 minutes ago, pizza face said:

Yeah fuck that guy. I rarely order records through them because my main local spot is bullmoose. If it was more damage than a corner bend, I'd return it but I can live with it, plus I'd probably get another copy from them in worse condition if I did lol I know a lot of people that say packages never arrived from amazon and get their money back though haha 

Oh man, that's rad that Bullmoose is your local shop. My wallet would really be hurting if that was mine. Haha. 

• 4 weeks later...

So found out how they keep the magnet from damaging the casette... they sent it separately! Just received it in the mail.

The magnet is a concert memorabilia from the Facelift tour.

On the magnet:

An image of a big hot sweaty mess of naked people.

Written in a circle:

"Hot Sweaty Bodies In A Steaming Humping Mass"

"175 shows in 16 months. Over 500,000 fans in 10 countries and 36 states."

🙄