clipping. - Visions of Bodies Being Burned (Loser Ed. and /300 Fat Beats exclusive)

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, that Loser edition looks even better than projected.  Not that I would've complained, but the mockup just looked like a yellow rendition of the TEAATB bloodstains – this seems a lot more "flame" themed.

Do we have a reversal of the Avengers dude, for when the end product exceeds expectations?
(That's rhetorical.  Of course we do.)

reverse-uno-card.png

15 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Damn, that Loser edition looks even better than projected.  Not that I would've complained, but the mockup just looked like a yellow rendition of the TEAATB bloodstains – this seems a lot more "flame" themed.

Do we have a reversal of the Avengers dude, for when the end product exceeds expectations?
(That's rhetorical.  Of course we do.)

reverse-uno-card.png

I debated mentioning that you’re the one that got me into these dudes but I’m sure you remember that 😂

3 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

I debated mentioning that you’re the one that got me into these dudes but I’m sure you remember that 😂

Oh yeah, TEAATB specifically.  These last 2 albums of theirs are in a league of their own compared to the rest of their catalog, in my opinion.  Better late than never though.  I think the irony here is that the Boris LP you helped me grab is my only other “bloodstain splatter” variant that matches TEAATB.  I own a lot of “red swirly”, clear vinyl... but nothing like those two.

Hoping they do a full boxset for anyone who was a little late boarding the hype train.

17 minutes ago, Coast said:

Finally got to listen to this last night, and it's a fantastic second half to what TEAATB brought to the table, mashing up the best of that record with their more industrial leanings. I loved the last record, but (recency bias, I know) I might like this one even more. 

Honestly had the same reaction.  And after repeated listens over the last month or so, I can confirm that I'm even more confident in agreeing with you.

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Oh yeah.  I remember you were so-so about TEAATB (Part 1) but you may have more fun with this new one.

I loved some of the tracks on that one, but I recently revisited a few months ago and grabbed the tape. Really like it for the most part. Any where to get the loser edition without the delayed shipping?

1 hour ago, tetsuodaironman said:

I loved some of the tracks on that one, but I recently revisited a few months ago and grabbed the tape. Really like it for the most part. Any where to get the loser edition without the delayed shipping?

I think my local has some copies on hand:

https://shop.stinkweeds.com/product/pre-order-clipping-visions-of-bodies-being-burned-lp-loser-edition

Super friendly, so I'm sure you could give them a ring and confirm before you order

I find it pretty interesting that the early consensus is Bodies being enjoyed more than Blood  especially since all 32 tracks were recorded at the same time - would love to know how the trio decided on how to construct these records

anyways

spacer.png

Edited by drewberinger

31 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

I find it pretty interesting that the early consensus is Bodies being enjoyed more than Blood  especially since all 32 tracks were recorded at the same time - would love to know how the trio decided on how to construct these records

For me, TEAATB is more cinematic and VOBBB is far more straightforward.  There are more “bangers” where the horror themes and lyrics aren’t given quite as much emphasis.  I get that both albums were written and recorded at the same time but VOBBB feels like it contains more “direct” cuts.  I would guess that’s why people are resonating so quickly with the followup album.

I do really like the idea of referring to them as Bodies and Blood though.

1 hour ago, drewberinger said:

anyways

spacer.png

Holy mother of shit. These look good as fuck together!

5 hours ago, drewberinger said:

I'd love some insight into the construction as well; whether they had a structure in mind at all before they decided to split the material up. If I'm dreaming big, and if there was an idea in mind, the imaginary 4xLP set with the original intended sequencing would be a very interesting offer. 

5 hours ago, Derek™ said:

TEAATB is more cinematic and VOBBB is far more straightforward.

Good way to put it