Hundredth "Somewhere, Nowhere" out October 9, 2020

N8TRU

20 hours ago, mrewest said:

Has any band ever released over half an album over the course of a year plus leading up to the actual release?  lol

yeah, i was pretty let down when I saw that 4 tracks had already released almost a year ago lol Sad because those 4 songs were definitely my fav part of the album, I don't really dig the sound on this new album 😕 

4 hours ago, enyfour5 said:

yeah, i was pretty let down when I saw that 4 tracks had already released almost a year ago lol Sad because those 4 songs were definitely my fav part of the album, I don't really dig the sound on this new album 😕 

Definitely hurts the experience of listening to a new album.  I’ve held off on this newest single so far.  Figured I’ll save something for release day.

No complaints here. It'd be a 10-track album without the previous 4 tracks and 3 singles is pretty standard following up to an album. Back in 2019 I was afraid they'd never do another full album after going independent. It's not easy doing it all on your own so I respect how hard they've worked to get to this point.

On 10/9/2020 at 11:47 AM, mrewest said:

This album fuckin slaaaaps

Can confirm this album is nasty! I'm on my like 6th listen in 16 hours and loving it more each time. Cleaned out my garage yesterday and it was a great album to push me along.

If I had to compare this to anything it would be like Diiv and Turnover having a love child. Leave Yourself has a heavy Diiv vibe and there are moments throughout that remind me of Turnover. The beginning of "Whatever" sounds like it was straight ripped from a Diiv song.

There are a few slower/softer moments on the album that are kind of ehh but not terrible. Like the song Silver.

All in all I'm super happy with it and I'm going to have to find me one of those nifty first presses that sold out.

7 hours ago, justin_cole12 said:

Can confirm this album is nasty! I'm on my like 6th listen in 16 hours and loving it more each time. Cleaned out my garage yesterday and it was a great album to push me along.

3e4c328edf9c5ca152a5e4c7b5683c8d0a.jpg?w=90&h=70&fit=crop&crop=center&fm=jpg
She Cuts Into a Lemon And Puts it Next to...
This is Something Everyone Should Try
tips-and-tricks.co

If I had to compare this to anything it would be like Diiv and Turnover having a love child. Leave Yourself has a heavy Diiv vibe and there are moments throughout that remind me of Turnover. The beginning of "Whatever" sounds like it was straight ripped from a Diiv song.

9052becc-3fcf-4b5d-99de-2af9778709f2.jpeg
Doctors: Top 5 reasons patients sue you
These are the 5 most common reasons patients sue doctors.
healthgrades.com

There are a few slower/softer moments on the album that are kind of ehh but not terrible. Like the song Silver.

All in all I'm super happy with it and I'm going to have to find me one of those nifty first presses that sold out.

Heck yeah my local shop said they are getting retail copies in mid December so look for that if you have no luck online.

• 4 weeks later...

"Dear Digger,

Due to lockdown restrictions in France as of October 28, and current situation in the world, we are unable to honor our regular delivery times. Delays are to be expected. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Our entire catalog is still available for pre-order on our website: diggersfactory.com

Stay safe and be well.

The Diggers Team"

France is on lockdown so it's probably safe to assume this will be delayed. We may have it delivered by boat to America when they're finished which could mean an even longer wait.

2 minutes ago, lostcrimes said:

Fun fact: I have 17 open pre-orders and have no fucking clue when I'm getting like 80% of them.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I haven't been spending all that much on vinyl but I have almost 20 orders in my email folder for receipts. I usually never have more than 8.

It’s truly out of control but I also think it’s a culmination of things – delays with pressing plants from bottlenecking releases, on top of Covid headaches that stall transport and all other steps of the ordering / distribution process.  It’s why some stuff I have on order isn’t shipping until February, best case scenario.  I normally have 6-12 items pre-ordered or en route at any given time.  Currently waiting on 54 with only 8 being in transit.  Some of those are 2021 releases that aren’t even available to stream, mind you, but it’s unfortunately the new norm with the hobby.

Totally, and with touring no where in sight, for the near future(the band I tour with had to push an unannounced tour from May/June to October), bands need to have some sort of income, so I think we’re seeing bigger pre-order windows to get some revenue coming in, and also just to make sure everything has enough time to get done. 

It’s unfortunate, but main thing though is everyone’s doing what they can to get everything done and get it out to everyone. Just gotta be appreciative and patient.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

It’s truly out of control but I also think it’s a culmination of things – delays with pressing plants from bottlenecking releases, on top of Covid headaches that stall transport and all other steps of the ordering / distribution process.  It’s why some stuff I have on order isn’t shipping until February, best case scenario.  I normally have 6-12 items pre-ordered or en route at any given time.  Currently waiting on 54 with only 8 being in transit.  Some of those are 2021 releases that aren’t even available to stream, mind you, but it’s unfortunately the new norm with the hobby.

I knew seeing your big number would make me scroll through my preorders folder and then make myself feel so silly so I told myself not to check. Then I did it anyways and I am so dumb.

7 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

It’s honestly never been this bad.  I think I broke 30 once, a few years back.

It’s for sure way worse now with things being received/moved out at a far slower pace than I’m adding in new shit. Doesn’t help that I have a bad habit of collecting bootleg shirts and other nonsense that I really don’t need (but obviously have convinced myself that I WANT them enough to fork over the cash). All said and done I feel like my incoming stash folder is for sure about twice as big as it would have typically been in pre-virus times.

• 5 weeks later...
  • N8TRU changed the title to Hundredth "Somewhere, Nowhere" out October 9, 2020