Saosin - Translating The Name (A "Dark Mode" Theme Appreciation Thread)

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

I mean I'll be happy to have it as well. However, this very well could be the one time they press it, given that it's done by the band. Why not go for something big as opposed to the very 5 seconds of thought "just make it match the artwork." A clear + anything would have taken 5 more seconds of thought and likely will come out better. A clear + white/silver splatter. A clear + white blob. Heck, I might take a black with black etching like that test pressing over white w/ silver.

The white w/ silver is quite literally the colors of the artwork. Idk why someone would think that silver ink wouldn't be visible on a white vinyl when there is silver text on the white cover as a prime example lol. I get that "white vinyl sounds bad" and is a fair audiophile point but I'm sure it'll sound good to the majority of us.

Also I'm positive if they just did black vinyl people would be actually crying haha

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
27 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Check in on Beau's Instagram from time to time and people keep updating on that post. He had test pressings like 6 months ago and says it's still in progress but no, nothing yet

with the state of vinyl these days i feel like 6 months i normal. hopefully we see something in the next couple months. 

14 hours ago, prowl20 said:

I have a feeling they’ll have them for When We Were Young Fest and no one going (myself included) will be able to snag one. I hope I’m wrong on that.

If they hold out for WWWY fest, which in of itself sold out way too quickly, this could be the biggest shitshow record we've seen in a while.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • mitchard changed the title to Saosin - Translating The Name (A "Dark Mode" Theme Appreciation Thread)